Jammed 3 point now won't lift

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift #1  

BakoJ

Tractor
2021 LS MT2 25S
LS MT225s

I dropped my backhoe and went to attach my 3 point quick hitch. One of the hydraulic quick connect fittings came loose and jammed the 3 point control arm. I was able to loosen the quick connect, dislodge it from the controls and tighten it so it is up and out of the way. However, now I cannot raise or lower my quick hitch.

The control lever moves back and forth but doesn't do anything. There's no resistance or pressure. It seems to be disconnected from the control arm but I don't know what it's supposed to look like so I can't logically reconnect the arm to the control. No loose parts on the ground.

I hope the photo helps. Does anyone have a Mt225s that can take a photo of their 3 point control so I can match up to fix it?

Thanks! View attachment 746107
20220516_104234.jpg

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift
Second photo
20220516_104215.jpg

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift #3  
Check your rear remote handles - only 1 can be moved out the up position at a time. Thats all I got. IF you only have 1 rear remote control then I don't know.

Thanks for the idea. Just one rear kit. 3 point is directly off the pump. No problem with the loader. The flow control knob under the seat is halfway between fast and lock.

I lifted the 3 point and turned the knob to off but there's no pressure or resistance. I've never used the 3 point before and I'm starting to wonder if it was connected correctly at the factory. The lever isn't connected to the control arm at all.

If I knew what it is supposed to look like, I might be able to do a field repair. These translated LS manuals are no help!

My dealer didn't have the same model on the lot and the system is different for every one of these LS tractors, it seems. Not even the MT2240 was the same as the MT225S.

Last edited:
   / Jammed 3 point now won't lift #5  
I was flustered with my 3pt once where it wouldn't drop down. It was up all the way, so I don't know if it could go up or not. Took a while, but it was the down speed control knob between your legs. I don't know if it applies in your case, I'm not sure how the lock position works, but might be worth a shot just in case.

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift #6  
Thanks for thr idea. Just one rear kit. 3 point is directly off the pump. No problem with the loader. The flow control knob under the seat is halfway between fast and lock.

I lifted the 3 point and turned the knob to off but there's no pressure or resistance. I've never used the 3 point before and I'm starting to wonder if it was connected correctly at the factory. The lever isn't connected to the control arm at all.

If I knew what it is supposed to look like, I might be able to do a field repair. These translated LS manuals are no help!

My dealer didn't have the same model on the lot and the system is different for every one of these LS tractors, it seems. Not even the MT2240 was the same as the MT225S.
got it, we were posting at the same time...

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift #7  
Did you plug one of the hoses back into the quick disconnect that is on the valve block under the seat?
That hose has to be connected in order for the 3 point to work.

Also, if that hose is NOT connected, you will dead head the power beyond circuit resulting in damage to the pump if you use it that way.

The 3 point DOES NOT work directly off the pump. It is the last item in the power beyond circuit, draining the hydraulic fluid into the tank.

Did you plug one of the hoses back into the quick disconnect that is on the valve block under the seat?
That hose has to be connected in order for the 3 point to work.

Also, if that hose is NOT connected, you will dead head the power beyond circuit resulting in damage to the pump if you use it that way.

The 3 point DOES NOT work directly off the pump. It is the last item in the power beyond circuit, draining the hydraulic fluid into the tank.
And we have a winner! Before I saw your post, I connected one of the quick connects and it didn't work. Then I connected the other after a while and it worked immediately. This connection isn't color coded, like the caps and plugs. It's a little frustrating but now I know.

It's a total newb mistake, compounded by the fact that the setup isn't in the LS manual.

Don't be too hard on me. It's my first tractor (a real dream come true) and everything I know is from this forum and from YouTube.

Thanks for the help, guys!
20220516_170815.jpg

/ Jammed 3 point now won't lift #9  
I have three lines back there and use three with the backhoe on. And only two are in use when the backhoe is off. I assume that the line which is only used with the backhoe is the return to tank line.

Andy