Jamm'n on the BX23

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
With the lack of any meaningful seat time coupled to a chance find of a long lost and serviceable AM/FM/CD radio out in the shop, the BX23 has yet again provided me with brief respite from the doldrums of cabin fever and I'll get to be jamm'n w/the tunes come the warmer days. :D

The weatherproof housing is marketed towards the ATV crowd and came in a kit which also included a splashproof flip down shaded cover, a DIN sized radio mount, antenna, fused cigarette lighter powercord and 2-ea waterproof 25watt dual cone speakers.
The sound is passable but with hindsite being 20/20 I should have gone w/the larger 50watt spkrs for better sound quality. Course with the engine and MMM spinn'n at pto speed sound quality tain't as important as sound quantity and those 25 watters can be easily heard over the pleasent sounds of a working tractor :D
Now I DEFINITELY can't wait for spring :D

Attachments

• ROPS radio 1.jpg
    ROPS radio 1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 540
  • ROPS radio 2.jpg
    ROPS radio 2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 340
  • ROPS radio 3.jpg
    ROPS radio 3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 332
  • ROPS radio 4.jpg
    ROPS radio 4.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 338
  • ROPS radio 6.jpg
    ROPS radio 6.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 381
  • ROPS radio 7.jpg
    ROPS radio 7.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 447
   / Jamm'n on the BX23 #2  
LOL! That is soooooo ghetto!! :D

You definitely need a subwoofer on the 3PH hitch now....

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #3  
I've been pondering a stereo solution. I'd like to mount the speakers on the side posts of the ROPS so that they're more at ear level. What I'd like more is to have the speaker wiring pass through the seat bracket such that when I flip my seat around, left and right channels swap since I'd be facing the other way. :) Somehow I don't think that'd be worth the effor though.

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #4  
Why not a cd player and Bose headphones that filter out the noise? Nice job on the sound system!!!

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #5  
Yo dawg, w'sup yo?

Wouldn't some of them earmuff headsets patched to an iPod sound better? Drowning out a mower with a radio overhead may do some damage, no?

****, you got the hydraulics on board... time to get the front end hoppin' !!

In all fairness Dave, I finally got around to doing your toolbox mod, using the same box, and I DO like it very much.

Pat

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #6  
playin that song from apocolipse now as he is bearing down on the lawn.:D

did you upgrade your alternator/genertor?

/ Jamm'n on the BX23
Yo, yo ,yo, shizzel my nizzel :D
You see, things like this wouldn't happen if'n that tractor was working instead of just sitt'n there begg'n for attention :D

playin that song from apocolipse now as he is bearing down on the lawn.
I just love the smell of diesel in the morning :D

According to Sony's spec's the radio pulls an avg of 3 amps (unless of course some good ole Southern Rock comes on which causes an immediate increase in both input AND output amperage) so in normal use I shouldn't be taxing the dynamo too much.

Funny thing is, this mod is gonna cause all kinds of extra work now. You see I normally have to mow with the ROPS folded down due to all these low branches I've kept putting off trimming.
Hey now, what have I done!!!!!! :D :D
Kinda puts a whole new meaning to "gett'n down"......

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #8  
Volfandt said:
Funny thing is, this mod is gonna cause all kinds of extra work now. You see I normally have to mow with the ROPS folded down due to all these low branches I've kept putting off trimming.
Hey now, what have I done!!!!!! :D :D
Kinda puts a whole new meaning to "gett'n down"......

Two words.....Ipod Shuffle.

But I do like the look of your "sound". Isn't there a "pimp my ride" thread :D

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #9  
johnk said:
Why not a cd player and Bose headphones that filter out the noise? Nice job on the sound system!!!

Absolutly better than speakers. The neighbors will be thankful too.

/ Jamm'n on the BX23 #10  
While headphones/earbuds are definitely better for the sound field, there's something to be said for speakers (or no music, for that matter) when operating machinery. I like to be able to hear my machines run...I can usually tell when something's not right...