JCB backhoes awesome

/ JCB backhoes awesome #11  
Doug

I believe you must be a registered member to post pictures.

RonL

/ JCB backhoes awesome #13  
JCB Backhoes do rule. Here is my baby.

Attachments

• 19-168018-Mvc-012l.jpg
    19-168018-Mvc-012l.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 469
   / JCB backhoes awesome #14  
The Cat machines are made in two places that I know of: England and Clayton, NC.

JT

/ JCB backhoes awesome #15  
I also looked at JCB hoes but couldn't get dealer in OH
to even talk to me!
Tried out Case 590 and few others and went with
JD 710 4X4 x-hoe.
2/3 yard bucket and 27' of reach helps and can use front loader to
load over semi trailer and large dump trucks.
Only disadvantage is 28,000#.

/ JCB backhoes awesome #16  
How do you like the bigger rigs verses a standard size machine? I've often wondered about the combination of say a 110 size machine with a 710 size rig. Or a mini excavator with a big machine. Seems then one would be up for everything. Do you find the 710 is too big for certain things?

/ JCB backhoes awesome #17  
Hello ScottAR;
Not really, I also have a Woods 9000 hoe and 48" trencher on my JD250 SSL.
The 710 being SO heavy has to be hauled on semi trailer.
I use the 250 for smaller jobs or utilitys work and
the 710 digs basements or clear stumps out like a track hoe.
Then I can drive it on road and like I said earlier it has 1 3/4 yd front bucket
and is the only one to dump over side of the high sided dump trucks or trailers.
On solid ground it will push as much dirt as our D6C or D4H.
Once u use the 27' reach u will really like it.
I set the trusses on my 14' wall polebarn myself w/ the hoe.

/ JCB backhoes awesome #18  
I see the JCB uses the two joystick configuration. I was in a Case the other day and they use foot peddles for the boom swing. The levers that control the dipper and bucket curl are just two way levers (there are three of them, one for bucket curl, one for the dipper, and one for the boom). Seemed to be a lot harder to get used to than just using two joysticks. Guess you can get used to anything but the case seemed a little less intuitive.

/ JCB backhoes awesome #19  
These days you can get nearly any brand machine with any type of controls. Case offers "wobble" joy sticks or 3lever control with swing pedals. Other brands are the same. JD and Cat even offer "pilot" joystick controls like are used on excavators.

/ JCB backhoes awesome #20  
I would love to have one of those....or a couple... All the fun I would have.... but after the huge hole in the wallet....Id still love it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif