JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #1  

threepiece

Tractor
Kubota L3400 John Deere110 TLB Wheelhorse 520H
Hello folks, I’m planning to visit and start my 110 after it has been still for about five years. It ran perfectly when I parked it. The Yanmar four cylinder always started almost instantly. It is outside in Ohio at a farmers home 300 miles away. I did not do anything to prepare the tractor for storage.

I realize I will be changing the battery and possibly dealing with cranking/starter circuit issues but is there anything else I may discover it may need? I plan to bring a set of tools and an air compressor to air up the tires, is there anything specific I should bring?

Thanks for any input.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #2  
Other than a battery it will probably fire up. Check all your fluids first. Grease everything before working.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #3  
Uhmm. I guess if I were in that position, I would plan on replacing the battery at a minimum. Likely froze and burst the battery, possibly external to the case. I wouldn't bother trying to save the battery, or jump start with it in the machine.

Confirming the fuel is not contaminated with water and / or microbial growth will save a huge headache of pushing it all through the fuel system. Drain the tank off of the bottom and see what's in there. If there's water contamination I would completely drain and clean the tank.
Check the machine for rodent nests, particularly around the engine, dash, and air intake.
Lastly, it may not be a bad idea to turn the engine over by hand to ensure it's not lockup up. Unlikely to be locked up, but worth taking the extra step prior to starting.
Basic tools, rags, baking soda, and a multi meter would be on my list... Good luck!

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #4  
I’d be concerned about water on the bottom of the tank. I’d open the drain and let a 1/2 gallon out and absolutely change the fuel filter. Injectors and fuel pumps are expensive.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years
As often happens for me my plan has changed for now. I won’t be visiting my tractor for a while yet.
This tractor sat still for quite a while before I bought it. I did find a mouse nest in behind the instrument cluster. Thanks for the replies fellows. I will be checking for water.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #7  
Rusted stuck clutch would also occur to me

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #8  
Might be hydrostatic tranny.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years
Yes, it is a hydrostatic. Also the three point lift rocker does not work. I bought this 110 in 2018, I Believe The back hoe was never removed. I have read that some part of the hydraulic system can “seize” when the 3point is not used for long periods causing a malfunction.

/ JD 110TLB Starting After 5 Years #10  
I seem to recall a recent thread on the 110 3 point issue you may want to do a search