JD 1938 Model 'G'-Huge Pistons...!

OP
J

JohnMiller3

Elite Member
Tractor
Satoh S650G, MF135, MF165, JD5205
Re: JD 1938 Model \'G\'-Huge Pistons...!

Yeah... I know what you mean... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

This man was by himself, and I walked up and admired his work and was reading the writeup about his Grandfather and life... the man looked at me somewhat sad and I told him "Sir, you did a beautiful job with your Grandpa's machine... he certainly would be proud of you..."

The man sounded like he was starting to break up and asked me..."You really think my Grampa would be proud...?"

As I hugged this man, I said," Yes Sir, I know he is..."

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

I have found a lot of old farmers when they first switched from horses to tractors love their new tractors like a son. It is sad but I see more and more old timers pass away everyday, with them you lose all their stories and experiences with their machines that they enjoy telling so much. Some of the greatest people I know I met at tractor shows and you know you have at least one thing in common with them.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

Some of the best history stories I found out were at farm equipment auctions,and I could set there for hours on end w/a coffee and listen.