JD 2210 vs Bx2200

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200
Well guys I went to the dealer this morning and drove both the BX and the 2210. I just liked the 2210 better, since he just got 3 new ones in, no one needs to have 3 of em around so I took one off his hands.

Got the 2210, loader and 62 mower, broadcast spreader and a box blade. What do you guys recomend a 4 foot or 5 foot frontier box blade. At first he told me a 5 foot would work fine and then he started having second thoughts about it and thought a 4 foot may be better. I told him I would ask the experts on here and see what they are using. So now I'm asking for a bit more help,,,4 foot or 5 foot box blade.

thanks
Phil

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #13  
Phil,

If I remember correctly there was a pretty extensive discussion on this and most were of the opinion that a 48 or 54 inch would be a good fit for the 2210. The 2210 will lift a 5 footer, but you may be limited as to how useful it is. The 48 inch should cover your tracks and that's what's most important.

Bob

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200
hi Bob

I'm near Hudson which is just east of St Paul Mn on the Wis boarder. Thanks for in info on the box blade. I did a little more searching and it does seem most are going with the 48 so I guess I will too. Now I just gotta decide if I should get a landscape rake or try and rent one,,geez all these important decisions.

later
Phil

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #16  
Phil,

I going to look at renting some 3 point stuff as well. I have the box blade and tiller, but I have been leveling some land and think I might need something to do the final prep before the grass is done (sod or hydro seeding is still up in the air).

I used to get through Hudson a lot on my cycle. Either side of the Mississippi on the way down to Winona is a great road for motorcycles.

I found the box blade the most difficult to master (I'm not there yet), but it is a very useful tool.

Good Luck

Bob

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #17  
Congrats on your purchase /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif! You'll find the 2210 an versatile tractor.

I decided on a 4' Woods BB. I find it easy to control, and the weight is about perfect to counter-balance the loader. Plus, compared to a 5' bb, the 4' saves a foot of precious garage space.