JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher

/ JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher
I got a hunch you are in the same boat as he. thanks for the thought.

/ JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher #12  
Does your tractor have a frt end loader?

affirmative

yes

/ JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher #14  
What brand loader? What type valve controls loader(scv or ind)?????????? If ind it's possible hyd valve is causing the pump noise.

it has factory installed Jd145 loader with factory 2 spool control valve. I dont what ind means. I can easily isolate loader. Heres a question I have wondered about. If i put a press gauge in the remote coupling, it seems it should read standby pressure. If an internal leak was involved would the pump not respond to it and the gauge show full system press?

/ JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher #16  
Easy way to check if FEL independent(ind) valve is at fault is disconnect valve return line from tractor,aim open end of hose in open hyd filler hole behind seat,with both spools in neutral start engine & NO OIL should exit open hose

Hey Jim, I borrowed a destroking valve and destroked my pump, quiet as a mouse. put it back in stroke and it ran quiet for a week before getting even more noisy than before. Now comes the part I find hard to tell anyone. Since diagnostics said the pump seemed good I just started checkin everything that moved and found the water pump bearing failing. it only seems to squall when up to temp. I swear it sounded like the pump, even had my son listen. Many thanks for the repeated warning not to jump the gun.

/ JD 2240 hydraulic pump sounds like a rock crusher #18  
You're welcome & thanks for update. It always amazed how noises can travel & make a person think the noise is located some location that it isn't.