JD 270 Series II skid steer?

/ JD 270 Series II skid steer? #11  
A wheeled skid steer isn’t my thing but that’s a good price for it. It’s probably also a foot pedal machine which isn’t my thing either.

Last edited:
   / JD 270 Series II skid steer? #12  
For reference I bought my Bobcat 753 (much smaller and lighter) with a little over 2000 hrs, new engine and no attachments for $9K back in 2012. And I thought that was a good deal. Traded it for the same price 5 years later on my L.

Not sure of the reliability of the JD skidsteers, but its seems well taken care of and low hours. I'd scoop that thing up if I were you. If it doesn't do want you need, it would make an excellent trade.

/ JD 270 Series II skid steer? #13  
You buy it for $12k and I'll buy it from you for $14k*. You keep the tracks and 'hoe to sell. ;)

* pending details

/ JD 270 Series II skid steer?
You buy it for $12k and I'll buy it from you for $14k*. You keep the tracks and 'hoe to sell. ;)

* pending details
Well.... as it seems.... he was drunk talking and we shook on the deal and now he's backing out. I kept trying to text him Monday while at work saying that I wanted to come after work with cash and the equipment trailer. He kept saying he's really busy and would be working late and couldn't meet me. Then Tuesday he texts me back and says that the new big New Holland track loader he uses broke and will take months to repair, so this is being moved out to a job to cover it. He suggested that I just go the L3540 that I was looking at buying the day he offered this, since that could be had much faster.

He didn't admit it, but I think he really never wanted to sell it and when he shot the$12k price at me and I stood up and shook his hand and said it's sold.... I suspect that he never expected that.

So I'm giving him to this weekend, we will be drinking and playing cards together Friday and Saturday night. Let's see how this plays out.

If all fails, trade the B2650 in and get the L3560 that is a middle ground.... 3 times heavier machine, almost 2 times the loader lift, still retains PTO.... but it's a tier 4 dpf tractor.

I was going to keep the B2650 for tractor type work and add this old skid steer to my tool box.... I'm really upset that this fell apart.

/ JD 270 Series II skid steer? #15  
Haha! Gotta love those drunk deals! I scored a minty 1978 F150 4x4, 400, 4-spd from a friend for $600 on one of our weekend get-togethers after we were a 12-pack in. He kept his word and I drove it home the next day!

Best of luck to ya!

/ JD 270 Series II skid steer?
Haha! Gotta love those drunk deals! I scored a minty 1978 F150 4x4, 400, 4-spd from a friend for $600 on one of our weekend get-togethers after we were a 12-pack in. He kept his word and I drove it home the next day!

Best of luck to ya!
I'll be seeing my buddy this evening... but like my wife said, it's not worth getting upset and burning a friend over this. By the way.... I just left the Kubota dealer, I ordered a L3560 HST+ open station with rear spacers and loaded R4 tires.