JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions

/ JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions #11  
Your 3005 should have load check reliefs on the side of the valve.

My late model 790, aka the 3005, service manual shows them to be on the valve one for each port.

Also looks like they might be serviceable right on the tractor.
I was hesitant to comment much further regarding machine specifics.

I had a hard time even finding the valve on deere parts site. And no parts brakedown of the valve that showed if or where load checks were at.

I figured someone with same or similar machine would be along for the specifics(y)

/ JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions
I was hesitant to comment much further regarding machine specifics.

I had a hard time even finding the valve on deere parts site. And no parts brakedown of the valve that showed if or where load checks were at.

I figured someone with same or similar machine would be along for the specifics(y)
For what it's worth, here is a link to what should be the control valve on my 3005...

It seems that item 6 in the drawing might be the load-check valves?

Greatly appreciate the feedback, good quality advice is hard to find these days!

/ JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions
Your 3005 should have load check reliefs on the side of the valve.

My late model 790, aka the 3005, service manual shows them to be on the valve one for each port.

Also looks like they might be serviceable right on the tractor.

Thanks for your feedback. I wish I had a factory manual for mine, times like these they are well worth the cost.

A knowledgeable owner like yourself, willing to share comments, is a close second in value!

/ JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions #14  
Yes, #6 appears to be the load checks.

Without removing the valve, I'd try and pop them out and see what you see. Any debris, damaged seat, broken spring, etc.

But seeing your valve DOES have load checks, dropping while trying to feather a raise definitely should not be happening

/ JD 3005 loader spool valve rebuild questions #15  
Thanks diesel crawler!

I bought my jd service manual a couple years after the tractor.... best thing second to the implements.

Jdparts.com is very helpfull also