JD 3020 replacement toplink bracket

/ JD 3020 replacement toplink bracket #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
The bracket on the rear of the tractor where the top link attaches via a pin, won't accept a newer style hydraulic top link because the new style has a larger outer diameter. The hole for the pin is just fine. That bracket attaches with 2 bolts. I have to believe someone has made an adapter or replacement bracket that will bolt on but has ears that are deeper.

I can mill a new bracket but in the interest of time would prefer to buy one. Anyone know if something like that is available? If not, has anyone seen where someone has made an adapter or new bracket that I could see some pics for ideas?

/ JD 3020 replacement toplink bracket #2  
Because of the nature of the swivel end on the original center link for 3020, 4020 tractors the receiver side is very shallow, as you have noticed. You will probably have to mfg a new bracket to allow for the deeper pin location. Or mfg an interface that pins into original bracket, or if a removable end on your current cylinder try to adapt to the appropriate threads to continue to use the machine 1/2 of the center link.

/ JD 3020 replacement toplink bracket
Because of the nature of the swivel end on the original center link for 3020, 4020 tractors the receiver side is very shallow, as you have noticed. You will probably have to mfg a new bracket to allow for the deeper pin location. Or mfg an interface that pins into original bracket, or if a removable end on your current cylinder try to adapt to the appropriate threads to continue to use the machine 1/2 of the center link.

I ended up milling a 1" wide channel down the center of the bracket and that gave enough relief that the ram works now.