JD 3020 Sway Blocks?

/ JD 3020 Sway Blocks? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
Hi Guys,

So I have the sway blocks on my JD 3020 but it still allows the lower arms to swing right and left a fair bit. Is there any adjustment anywhere to remove some of that left/right sway?

I've got this huge post pounder on there right now and it makes me nervous when it sways. On the other hand, I'm concerned without the sway something might break.

/ JD 3020 Sway Blocks? #2  
Sway blocks can be positioned to hold the draft links in either Cat 1 or Cat 2 width. Beyond that, 1/8" shims were offered to be put between the sway block and drawbar support. If they are now NLA, they could easily be fabricated from flat stock.

/ JD 3020 Sway Blocks? #3  
Ditto what Rick stated. There are holes on 2 different sides to allow swayblocks to be rotated(thinner or thicker width). My part search reveals shim is still available from JD. R65527 Washer - SHIM,SWAY CONTROL BLOCK ADD 14.81 USD

/ JD 3020 Sway Blocks?
Ditto what Rick stated. There are holes on 2 different sides to allow swayblocks to be rotated(thinner or thicker width). My part search reveals shim is still available from JD. R65527 Washer - SHIM,SWAY CONTROL BLOCK ADD 14.81 USD

Interesting. I've been taking them off for cat 1 attachments so that the lower arms will go narrow enough and then reinstalling them for my cat 2 attachments which are wider. I will have to look for the other set of holes. Thanks!