JD 332 garden tractor value

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #1  

Longbeard

Tractor
case 480c
Hi guys,

I was wonder what a 332 is worth these days? It's got 611 hours (probably a newer engine). The radiator is leaking but it runs great. The auxiliary hydraulics are leaking and the steering bushing needs replaced. It has a 46" deck and mule drive off a 314. The owner says it keeps throwing the drive belt. I figure its because of that 314 mule drive. Has typical wear and tear for a mower of this age. What do you think?

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #2  
Worth is very hard to pin point, as depends on what it is worth to you. Apparent, if you are thinking of buying it, then need to evaluate how much time and money you want to invest in a project.

If you are asking for the owner who wants to sell, then a different evaluation.

Are you thinking of buying it, or asking for help selling it?

/ JD 332 garden tractor value
Buying. Looks like its valued between 2900 and 3600. According to a website I found.

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #4  
If it truly has 611 hrs, it's on the original engine. And it's barely broken in. My 2210 runs a 3cyl Yanmar diesel and it's almost to 700 hrs. I confidently expect it to only be at 25% of it's lifespan.

No way we can tell you what it's worth to you.

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #5  
The 3k value would be for one in good working condition – not one with leaking radiator, leaking hydraulics. The tractor is 30 years old so you better be mechanically inclined and willing to put a lot of work into tractor. Considering the problems I’d put value about $1500 bucks, give or take depending on condition of rest of tractor

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #6  
JD is real proud of their radiators, if you should need a new one.

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #9  
I've had very good with radiator repair shops, used to be one in every town, not so much anymore.

/ JD 332 garden tractor value #10  
It's got 611 hours (probably a newer engine).

So if the engine has been replaced how about total hours on the rest of the tractor ?
Really it sounds like a well used tractor will a lot of problems .