JD 3720 vs K L4240 Opinions?

/ JD 3720 vs K L4240 Opinions? #31  
Art has become quite the preacher of empty tires. The only real study I've seen on point is a Michelin study applying to 300hp row-crop tractors, but it basically says better traction, less fuel usage and most of all less soil compaction with air in the tires. I'll say that if I were going to do it over again I would probably leave air in the tires, get wheel weights and buy a heavy duty box blade as additional rear ballast. It would cost more up front but I would have a handy BB for those uses and the same amount of weight for loader work. Having said all that, filled tires certainly do work fine also, but I think (based on my limited experience) they are problematic from a soil compaction perspective.

/ JD 3720 vs K L4240 Opinions? #32  
Elgin

Welcome to the forum. On the Kubota, go HD bucket with the Quick Attach. I would recommend not getting the bolt on cutting edge. I bought it but have never used it. The toothbar is much more effective and the edge of the HD bucket is only 1/16" thinner. If you find later that you are wearing the bucket edge too much you can always buy the bolt on edge.

I am getting away from a rotary cutter and going to a flail mower. Check Caroni at Agri-Supply. I am using a 75" behind my L3130 and it does a fantastic job and does not seem to require as much power from the tractor. Back into brush up to 1.5 - 2 inches and beat it to mulch as I pull out. Can do larger - just have to give it time to chew it up.

Again - welcome.

/ JD 3720 vs K L4240 Opinions?
ITS a DONE DEAL!:D

Thanks to all for your help. Your feedback meant a lot to us and helped to steer us in the right directions.

JD4320 eHydro Cab w/cruise/radio/ 3rd SCV for a rear implement
400cx FEL HD Bucket w/ bolt on tooth bar and bolt on edge (although I'll probably be leaving the tooth bar on most of the time)
I-Match
Woods(Frontier?) HD Box Blade (I-Match set up)
Mohawk 6' Bronco Shredder (I-Match set up)

$33,120.00 (includes 1000.00 rebate currently on 4000 series)

How'ed we do? I priced out the tractor on JD website and for tractor/FEL looks like we got almost 18% discount!

We haven't decided on the ballast as yet. I priced out the Rim Guard and it would be about $300 for approx 900lbs. BUT the only dealers in Texas are in Denton, Ft. Worth and Decatur ( long way to go and added expense getting there and back). Also we looked into propylene glycol, but also very expensive. I figure we might as well do the wheel weights!

Best Regards to all and Thanks again!
mike..