JD 4310 instrument panel

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #1  

sitislicker

Tractor
JD 4310
Took the instrument panel off my JD 4310 to work on it. That part is all done and works great.....just struggling now to get the tilt wheel lever positioned correctly as the instrument panel sets back in place. Anybody been there/done that and have some helpful hints.....other than facial expressions, inappropriate words, etc? Appears that the lever pops back into place passing through some guides once the panel is close to being in place. And of course now the part is made of plastic and would prefer not to break it just trying to put the panel back together! Don't have a repair manual so don't know if it's explained in the manual or not. Thanks in advance for any help.

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #2  
it is covered in the tech manual, shoot me your email, I'll send you a PDF of the manual

Joe

/ JD 4310 instrument panel
got the manual downloaded this AM and we're already back to having fun with the JD. Am new to this site......so far very impressed! Great source of info for sure. Thanks VERY much!

Dean

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #4  
Hi Joe, I too am new to this site and learning how to use it. But I am having trouble with my JD 4310 with the temp gauge going all the way to hot in just a few minutes of running. I have replaced the thermostat. I have got some ideas from other threads, but when I came across you and Deans thread. I was like hey thats like another issue I have with my tilt wheel lever. Mine has either came out of guides or it's just broke. I was wanting to ask you if you would so kind to share your PDF again with me. And if you have any ideas on my issue with temp gauge going to hot I would appreciate that as well (bad gauge or sending unit or wire).

Thanks you for any help you can offer.

Kenny

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #5  
Kenny, shoot me your email and it's on the way

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #6  
Thanks Joe so much for sharing your manual. I didn't realize that it covered everything. That will be a great tool to have. Thanks again Joe, I appreciate it!!!

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #7  
Does anybody have any comment re Kenny's overly enthusiastic temp gauge? I have the same problem and no solution.

(I am still learning forum edicate ... Somebody help me with manners: am I hijacking a thread?)

Jim V

/ JD 4310 instrument panel #8  
Hello Jim, So far I've only changed the thermostat but I just ordered a coolant sensor with my fingures crossed. I really hope I dont have to replace the instrument panel $500! Let me know what you find out.