JD 4410 4x issues

/ JD 4410 4x issues #1  

BethelHntr

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300, Harry Ferguson TE20, 2013 Kioti DK 40 SE.Shuttle
I do not own this machine but trying to help a buddy out, This is a power shuttle model with the pto switch and one rocker switch on the right hand panel. Through reading previous threads this model has a normally closed solenoid for fwd.

We found the solenoid wires unplugged from the solenoid then lifted the front tires off the ground with the fel and no rotation of the front tires, It looks like we'll have to pull the right rear tire at least to plug the solenoid wire back in. If I understand this correctly it should be in fwd now but again we have no front wheel rotation, Any advise would be appreciated.

/ JD 4410 4x issues
Thanks for all the helpful hints fellas. Later

/ JD 4410 4x issues #4  
Thanks for all the helpful hints fellas. Later

Don't interpret what you mean by "front wheel rotation".
Wondering if you plugged the solenoid wire back in, and learned more about the rotation of the front tires?

/ JD 4410 4x issues
I would like to add to this post with information that might be helpful to someone down the road, This 4x4 4410 was bought new by my good friends neighbor, The entire time he owned this tractor the neighbor apparently never new there was a switch to engage 4x, 10 years later my good friend borrow's the tractor and can't find a 4x switch, He calls me to help figure this out, He and I new it was a 4x tractor, There's a front gear box, drive line and the whole works, Where's the switch? I thought someone here would know what was going on for sure, What the heck is going on? Long story short, We start digging around pulling switch covers, Turns out under the operators side control panel where most of the operators switches are located here is the 4x switch, Wired and connected to the harness with many other switches for different optioned machines apparently, This 4x switch has been here since new, obviously missed somewhere down the line, We moved the 4x switch from under the switch panel to the empty spot on the control panel and all is good, 4x works great all is good..................... Must of been a friday machine!!

/ JD 4410 4x issues #6  
Thanks for that update. :thumbsup:

That was a strange one... hiding the switch under the panel.

/ JD 4410 4x issues
Yes sir it was. Thanks.

/ JD 4410 4x issues #8  
WOW! that be one heck of a find!

/ JD 4410 4x issues #9  
....... The entire time he owned this tractor the neighbor apparently never new there was a switch to engage 4x, 10 years later my good friend borrow's the tractor and can't find a 4x switch, He calls me to help figure this out, He and I new it was a 4x tractor, There's a front gear box, drive line and the whole works, Where's the switch?....

People will never cease to amaze me. Sounds like the guy did not actually need a 4x4 tractor.

/ JD 4410 4x issues #10  
That was a strange one... hiding the switch under the panel.

I guess I will have to go out a label all my custom controls and switches in
case I croak, and someone needs to figure them out. :)