JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #1  

BrianQ

Tractor
John Deere 445 gas
I have replaced the coils, the injectors, switched to a hotter plug, checked the computer module, replaced the temp sensor. Still can't get the left side to run without fouling which causes missing and loss of power. Does anyone have additional suggestions as my JD mechanics has given up on this older rig. I love the machine and wish to keep it going. The service techs contacted the main corporate service center and they said that it was too old for them to put energy into helping them solve my problem. They actually refrained from charging me for the true total of hours that they put into trying to fix it for me. They did get it running better by discovering a problem with a secondary wiring harness that attached to the temperature sensor. It ran reasonably well for the Summer, but in the cool temp it is back to erratic running. What now?

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #2  
:welcome: to TBN
Did they do a compression check?
Hard to believe they gave up on you.

How many hours?
What is the serial number?

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder
Yes, they did a comp test. I'll need to check the hours and serial and get back.

The only number on the engine that I found was on the side of the air cleaner: SKA617U5G2RA. Hours 1056, but I suspect that dial may have turned over in past 20 years. I didn't buy it originally, it came down to us from my Father-in Law. He had it serviced regularly. Wish I could give you more input.

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #5  
How about the serial number of the 445? Is that available? The tractor s/n would be something like M0445D0xxxxx and on the right side of the frame below the engine.

What were the numbers for the compression test?

That s/n plate has been obliterated over time. I checked it when I went down to check for something on the engine.
I would have to check with the JD service staff to ask them if they recorded the comp readings.

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #7  
Using low ash oil?
Filling to oil level according to the operator's manual?
PVC system slobbering oil into the left cylinder ?
Operating the engine under load at max rpm or putting around ?
Coolant temp 195F with a working stat ?

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #8  
is the plug being fouled by oil gas? If oil is is possible one of the valve stem seals is bad. This probably would not show up on a compression test?

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #9  
The only number on the engine that I found was on the side of the air cleaner: SKA617U5G2RA. Hours 1056, but I suspect that dial may have turned over in past 20 years. I didn't buy it originally, it came down to us from my Father-in Law. He had it serviced regularly. Wish I could give you more input.

Engine s/n is located on the front of the engine just below the crankshaft stub out the front.

Hopefully the FIL will have an owners manual or other paperwork that has the s/n of the tractor penciled in or on the receipt.
Checking with the original dealer may also be an option. Hopefully it is not the same dealer that wouldn't fix this one (sounds like they wouldn't give you the time of day). Deere keeps records of their tractors, if the dealers cooperate.

/ JD 445 gas Kawasaki engine fouls the plug on the left cylinder #10  
Is it gas fouled or oil fouled? Did it burn oil or smoke at all? Like others have said- look for the PCV hose connection and see if that hooks up to the left side intake runner. If so, remove it and see if oil is present in the tube.

Do the two injectors work off the same wires or different wires? If they are different wires, I'd swap them and see if the right cylinder runs rough.