JD 4700 forward pedal not working

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #1  

Dfw21809

Tractor
John Deere 4700
I have a john Deere 4700 hst that the forward pedal has no tension on it, the tractor will barely creep forward. The reverse is working great, no issues with the pedal. Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #2  
Did you look under the tractor to see if any of the pedal linkage system failed?

This attached photo shows all the linkage asy on a 4700HST

pedals.gif

On my 4100 I had a similar situation where the pedal just went down to the floor and after investigating I realized the dampener rod had become unlinked. I reattached it with a new cotter pin for a quick fix but the eye bushing was also gone. After by using two different pieces of hose tubing (one fit inside the other) I matched it up snug with the rod shaft and dampener eye :D

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working
The linkage seemed to be ok but this helps. I'll let you know how it turns out. thanks for the info

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working
Could it be the torsional dampener itself? The brake pedal still works fine. Everything's hooked up, nothing's missing

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #5  
Try unhooking the dampener and work it. There should be strong resistance when extending it.

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #6  
I know this is an old thread, but any suggestions? Seemingly the exact same problem on my neighbor's 4600 Hydro. My 4700 is PowerReversr, so I don't have anything to compare side by side.

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #7  
you ever figure out ur neighbors issue?

/ JD 4700 forward pedal not working #8  
you ever figure out ur neighbors issue?

He was able to get it fixed by having a piece welded. I haven’t seen it since the repair so I’m not sure exactly what all it entailed.