JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #2  
I watched that a few weeks ago. That is one fine old tractor. That same guy didn't get them all, but he got several of the tractors that the old man had when he died. I'm following another guy who is re-building his 4960 after it burned a couple years ago. My B-I-L's uncle owns a farm on which I used to deer hunt. he ran a 4960 until he retired. his was like new with very low hours on it. I got to ride along with him in it a few times. These are about the best looking tractors JD ever made.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #3  
Actually they say it has 41 hours on it, but still amazing.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #4  
Actually they say it has 41 hours on it, but still amazing.

That's not correct.

It had 14.9 hours on it when the guy who owns it now (says that at 4:53), bought it. In the video it has 47.1 hours on it at the time the interview was done (says it at 1:55).

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours
What is really amazing is the guy that bought a $70,000 tractor, then left it sit and rot for 20 years until he died. And did not invest his money after deciding not to farm any more. I have seen people just like him and they are "mental" IMHO. I have a neighbor nearby, with an old totally junk boat that is half off of the trailer that is in pieces, and hasn't moved in the 12 years that I have lived here, and a large "angry" sign over it that proclaims "NOT for sale!" I laugh every time I go by there. The boat is less than worthless, you would have to hire someone to remove it. The only difference in the thinking is the tractor was worth a lot of money, and there is no point in taking a large sum of money and leaving it outside to rot.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #6  
Not to mention all the other nice and useful tractors with relatively low hours that this old man had and also left outside. Especially strange when he clearly had several barns to store them in.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours
Not to mention all the other nice and useful tractors with relatively low hours that this old man had and also left outside. Especially strange when he clearly had several barns to store them in.

Some people must keep their wealth in the yard for all to see it rot down. I have seen this done. I don't know why.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #8  

Maybe the barns were full of old musty hay.

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #9  
Pete needs to keep his mouth shut when doing an interview . He interrupts that guy every time he starts to explain something . Would have been a good video without that arrogant MACHINERY PETE . I have seen several of his productions and he is just a pompous *** .

/ JD 4960 sits outside for 20 years with 14 hours #10  
Just watched a Machinery Pete where he's talking to the guy who owns Willow Creek farms. He bought a 4455 JD from a doctor who bought it new and was going to farm but never did. Parked it in his garage with 3.7 hrs on for like 10 years. The guy from Willow Creek bought it in 2000 for 58,000 and put it in his warehouse. Sold it in 2012 to a guy from Mexico for 150,000. Pretty good profit I'd say.