JD 5045E-needs new starter

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #1  

york

Tractor
Kubote B3030
JD 5045E only has 600 hrs and starter motor is shot-should i replace with motor from JD or get a after market motor???

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #2  
I assume you are out of warranty.
I put an aftermarket (DB Electrical) starter on my JD 2030. It's been trouble free.

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #3  
What does "starter motor shot" mean ? No crank, pullout frozen, brushes burned up, battery dead, battery cables corroded, bad ground frame to motor, seat switch bad, left in gear, solenoid contacts worn out, etc.

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter
Went to JD and got a rebuild...

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #5  
This sems common in that series. We replaced the starter on our 5055E at 125 hours due to total non start. It was about a month out of warranty so we got an after market starter. We then had the original rebuilt at a local shop (not JD) and put it on the shelf for the next event.
We got this tractor for some light hay work and it has broke down 3 times in 250 operating hours.
Pretty disappointing.

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #6  
Replaced starter on 2015 5065e at 500 hours. Bosch branded OEM starter made in India... Replaced with aftermarket starter from DB electrical .. OEM starter in scrap barrel.

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter
So far, i am happy with my rebuild starter, cost over 400. It really cranks over fast now-starter that came with tractor new, was lame, would not spin the engine, junk...

/ JD 5045E-needs new starter #8  
I feel fortunate that my 2009 5055E has been trouble free. It sits outside in the weather year round and has a little under 1000 hrs on it. The only thing I've done to it is to pull the wire off the coolant sensor when I had trouble with intermittent starting. I will agree the starter is anemic though.