JD 5093E Limited losing power

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #21  
My 2013 5101E open station has this same inline metal filter up front at the cooler.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power
My 2013 5101E open station has this same inline metal filter up front at the cooler.
Have you ever changed it ? It's in a easy location to get to and do, I just never really noticed it or thought about it when I was doing maintenance/service on this tractor, but after 12 years I reckon it finally got clogged up.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #23  
Have you ever changed it ? It's in a easy location to get to and do, I just never really noticed it or thought about it when I was doing maintenance/service on this tractor, but after 12 years I reckon it finally got clogged up.
Does the owners manual have a change interval anywhere in it for that filter? I’d think it should be listed in the hourly maintenance section. Final filter before the high pressure pump seems be important to keep real clean.

Does the owners manual have a change interval anywhere in it for that filter? I’d think it should be listed in the hourly maintenance section. Final filter before the high pressure pump seems be important to keep real clean.
I will have to look next time I get it out, it probably does and probably would have done me some good to look instead pf just doing a yearly maintenance.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #25  
I hadn’t ever changed it but all my fuel is filtered thru a $60 microsorb 3quart 10micron filter on my 550gal tank.
This tractor has around 600hrs on it.

I hadn’t ever changed it but all my fuel is filtered thru a $60 microsorb 3quart 10micron filter on my 550gal tank.
This tractor has around 600hrs on it.
I always filter my fuel coming out of my storage tanks as well, I guess that's how I made it as long as I did without it getting stopped up, and probably why my tank strainer looked so clean and without a bunch of crud.

/ JD 5093E Limited losing power #27  
Well I have to admit, being a JD tech since well before the 5E series was ever built, I never saw a filter in that position before. I checked parts catalog and tech manuals and sure enough I see it does exist on some tier 3 emission models. I then checked 3 different versions of owners manuals and can’t find specific mention of that filter. Learn something new every day!