JD 5105 no lights

/ JD 5105 no lights #1  

palmet

Tractor
JD 5105
Have a 5105 that starts and runs fine. Oil pressure and battery lights work but nothing else. No dash, headlights, back lights or blinkers. Nothing! Checked fuses and all good. Help?

/ JD 5105 no lights #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

If your 'fuse panel' is anything like my 4105's have you tried swapping around the relays that are also on that panel. On mine all of the relays are the 'same', just plugged into different positions. Relays are indicated with a "K", as in 'K1', 'K2', etc...

Your local JD dealership's Parts/Service department will (should), free of charge, provide you with a schematic drawing of the circuit.

Enjoy the site and let us know how you make out.

/ JD 5105 no lights
Will give it a try. Thanks

/ JD 5105 no lights
Switched the relays around but no change. I can even hear the hour meter clicking over so that works too. Maybe the rotary switch is bad?

/ JD 5105 no lights #5  
Well, with so many 'light' circuits not being activated something must be 'common'.

And that's a good thing. A circuit diagram, as mentioned provided free from your JD dealership, will help to nail it down. I know that at my dealership they'll even grab a mechanic to advise where to look (at no charge).

It could well be a 'loose' wire off of the ignition switch. Vibration does wonders at loosening/breaking wires/connections over time.

/ JD 5105 no lights
Changed out the light rotary switch but still no lights. Looking at the area under the dash besides some light dirt all looks good.

/ JD 5105 no lights #7  
see if this helps -
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 11.36.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 11.36.17 AM.png

/ JD 5105 no lights #8  
I think you need to get out the test light or meter and be sure you are getting power on both sides of the fuses, you're talking about 6 circuits not working? all the power coming to the switch and to the fuse panel is on a fusible link in the red wire coming from the starter to the fuse box

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 1.31.16 PM.png