JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position #11  
Or use a hacksaw on one or more of the clevis's.

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position #12  
Its stuck because of the hydraulics. Remove and polish that little spool.

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position #13  
i have a 2005 5105 that did the same thing once. Fortunately it has not done it since. I had my 296 Bush Hog on the back and it eventually lifted all the way up. I tried adjusting the rate of drop valve with no good result. For some reason I removed the hydraulic filler cap and heard a woosh of vacuum being released. After that, I was able to lower the cutter and the system worked fine after that.I did some searches on this forum and found some info pertaining to some O rings and valves that operate the rockshaft. Do a topic or post search of your problem on this forum and see what comes up.

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position
If I remember correctly I bought the 5105 that I have in 2000. The rockshaft arms stuck in the up position with the brush-hog attached. My son and I managed to get the brush-hog detached with considerable difficulty. The hydraulic fill cap was removed during various efforts to free the arms. Unfortunately in our case, removing the cap and adjusting the descent control made no difference. I did notice that the hydraulic fluid level was a bit low, so I added some more JD hydraulic fluid. That made no difference either.

I went by the dealer and they provided the information about the spool valve in the rockshaft assembly. I arranged to have them come out and pick up the tractor. The repair was done at the dealership and returned two days ago. The rockshaft arms are working properly with a new spool valve and various gaskets. I also had them replace both flex lines to the front axle power steering assembly. One was leaking and I did not trust the remaining hose due to the age of the tractor. The repair bill came to about $3200 with transportation of the tractor. I am glad to have the tractor working properly again! I wasted no time getting to some delayed mowing on the property.

Thanks to everyone here for ideas and suggestions.

Joe

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position #15  
Glad you got it fixed.

/ JD 5105 Rockshaft arms stuck in up position
Forgot to report on the solution! I had the tractor picked up by my dealer and repair was done on the rockshaft assembly there. They replaced the spool valve and some related parts, changed the hydraulic oil and the problem was solved. The new spool valve has the newer design with nickle plating to help prevent corrosion. It has been working fine for me ever since.

Joe