JD 5203 rear SCV's question

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question #1  

unclejunk

I have a JD 5203 with two SCV's (remotes). According to my manual, SCV #2 is suppose to have a regenerative position. When I try and run my woodsplitter or backhoe with SCV #2, lever in the regenerative detent position, the splitter or hoe will not run. If SCV #2 is held before the detent (regenerative) position or rearward the splitter or hoe will work. I am curious as to how this regenerative position is suppose to function, I also have a 553 loader with a 2-function ICV. I'm beginning to think I have two SCV valves with the detented float position, any help would be appreciated.

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

It is very rare for a remote spool to have a regen position-it's usually only on the dump/curl spool on the loader valve. I suspect (almost 100% sure) what you think is a regen position is actually a float position.

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question
Thanks for replying, I guess I do not understand how I would run a wood splitter without tying the lever forward or back. The manual describes the first remote as having a detented float position and the second as having a regenerative position, not sure what the regen does?

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question #4  
For a great explanation of regen, read this link: 3 position valve-vs-4 position valve - TractorByNet.com

To run a splitter or backhoe or any other implement with it's own valve you either need the "power beyond" option, or tie your handle to keep the flow going. The PB is two lines that have the full flow of hydraulic oil through them whenever the tractor is running.

I am guessing the terminology in the manual is wrong-JD is well known for wrong or mis-leading info in the printed manuals unfortunately. Maybe the online version is corrected? http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE268160_19/?tM=GC

I saw nothing about regen related to the rear SCV 1 and 2 levers, but it does mention float for #1.

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question
Thanks again Kenny,

I read The 3 position valve vs the 4 position valve I guess I'm hydraulically challenged. In the JD Manual Section : 60 - Remote Hydraulic Cylinders, Control Lever and Coupler Identification describes number 2 as a regenerative valve, what it does is still not clear to me, I was hoping it could be placed forward and the hydraulic oil would go through the implement and then through the loader, my two remotes are stacked and then there are 3 line outside of these that go the loader???

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question #6  
Thanks again Kenny,

I read The 3 position valve vs the 4 position valve I guess I'm hydraulically challenged.

We will change that shortly;)

In the JD Manual Section : 60 - Remote Hydraulic Cylinders, Control Lever and Coupler Identification describes number 2 as a regenerative valve, what it does is still not clear to me,

That is describing the mid-valve, used for the loader. The regen is like a "fast dump" and like I first wrote, is usually only found on the dump/curl circuit.

The part that pertains to the rear remotes (called SCV's) is further down section 60, under Extending/Retracting Cylinder SCV I and SCV II

Hang in there...it IS confusing.

/ JD 5203 rear SCV's question #7  
Wow. Glad I read this thread. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why the snowblower chute wouldn't turn well to the right! Need to turn regen OFF when using it!!! Duh!