Price Check JD 5303

/ JD 5303
But is this tractor really big enough to operate a haybine and baler?

/ JD 5303 #13  
We operate a Big New Holland Belt Roller and a 10 ft John Deere Discbine as well as a 15 ft M & W batwing brush hog with ours. Don't know they are back there. Ken Sweet

/ JD 5303 #14  
I just want to be careful not to confuse features with quality or value.

I also like to think there is some value in the green paint beside the tractor. Dealer support, parts availability, resale value,... Stuff like that.

Very well said...

AKfish

/ JD 5303 #15  
But is this tractor really big enough to operate a haybine and baler?

it'll do it. in fact there's two farmers down the road from me that use them for haying. one uses his for raking, and the other uses his for raking and baling. i have a 5203 as you can see in my sig and i've been happy with it. all this talk about creature comforts and all makes me laugh because when i bought my 5203 it HAD creature comforts that i'd never had on a tractor before! things like a gas guage, comfortable and adjustable seat, sync shuttle transmission, mfwd, turbo, power steering, etc:thumbsup: might not sound like much to some but coming from a 1978 John Deere 950 it was like driving a Mercedes:laughing: i dunno what i'd do if i were to own one of those fancy tractors that acctuly have REAL "creature comforts"....i might be scared to work it too hard:D

/ JD 5303 #16  
...15 ft M & W batwing brush hog...
My six foot cutter is hardly noticeable, but I was honestly a little surprised to hear you were successfully running a fifteen footer.

Very well said...
Thank you.

all this talk about creature comforts and all makes me laugh because when i bought my 5203 it HAD creature comforts that i'd never had on a tractor before!
This is kind of where I'm coming from.

/ JD 5303 #17  
Well - I grew up on a JD model 40 and there is no way I could do what I do with my 5525 with it. 5303 is a nice machine, but it is plain jane. If it fits your needs - all good. I almost bought one myself.

D.

/ JD 5303 #18  
Well - I grew up on a JD model 40 and there is no way I could do what I do with my 5525 with it. 5303 is a nice machine, but it is plain jane. If it fits your needs - all good. I almost bought one myself.

D.

my next tractor i buy will be a John Deere with ALL the bells and whistles it can possibly come with. the only thing that stopped me from buying a 5325/5425 fully loaded was $$$. i could have afforded one, i just didn't want to have to explain to my family and friends why i lived in a tractor.:laughing:

/ JD 5303 #19  
My six foot cutter is hardly noticeable, but I was honestly a little surprised to hear you were successfully running a fifteen footer.

Thank you.

This is kind of where I'm coming from.

Sorry, I made a boo boo, Mine is a 6403. Ken Sweet

/ JD 5303 #20  
I remember my grandpa's pickup didn't have a heater built in it, seems like a tough way to save money. In those days pickups were about $2000 and now there up to $60,000. I think alot of the concern people have with choosing cab vs. open station is based on there early life experiences when cabs were unavailable on these small tractors. Makes some people feel the need for extra justification of sorts, but think nothing of buying a new pickup with automatic, hvac and power windows.