JD 650 Hood

/ JD 650 Hood #1  

Jims1025R

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, John Deere 15 Mini ex, Polaris 700 6x6 Ranger & Airplane
Hello JD 650 owners,

Sadly, I lost my 650 (which I'd owned since 1988) and my 740, in a fire a few weeks ago. I really liked the 650, it was a super tractor! There was little to save, as I loaded both it, and the 740 chassis into the bin with the excavator. But, I did remove the hood whole, as it was burned, but otherwise not really damaged. If someone needs a replacement 650 hood, it's available. It's bare/rusty now, and sitting outside. I'm going to tarp it up, but it won't be stored inside any time soon - my inside is now outside :(

I have very kind things to say about my fantastic insurance company, and have a brand new JD 1025R, which really is a great tractor too! I'm liking the step through, as the 650 transmission levers were getting more difficult to step over as I get older.

/ JD 650 Hood #3  
Welcome to TBN
Might be a "for sale" section on TBN, but posting a few pics of what you have would help a lot.. may be several that see this that will forward the information.

Sorry to hear about the loss. But good on your insurance co.

Add your location to your profile, would help your case.

/ JD 650 Hood
Here's a photo of (what's left of) the JD650 hood. It's restorable for someone who needs one. I also realize that the front drive assembly (which was not installed when the tractors burned) may be of use for someone. It still has some value to me, though if someone really needs it, I could change my future plans for it.

For the hood, a 650 owner who needs it, can have it for the cost of the packing and shipping. I'll strap it down to a skid for no cost, but if a crate has to be built, that will have a cost. The front drive is worth $250 to me, buyer pays packing and shipping on top of that. Departure point, 100 miles north of Toronto, Ontario.

In the mean time, if any JD650 owners are reading this, I have a few questions they could answer, as I plot to see if I can modify the JD650 front mount snowblower to be a 3 point hitch blower for the 1025R.....

JD 650 hood.jpg

/ JD 650 Hood #5  
I know I’m late seeing this but sorry for your loss. I also have a 650 and your story makes me sad… glad you’re enjoying the new tractor though! Let me know if I can help with dimensions.

Luke

/ JD 650 Hood
Thanks for your kind thought Luke, The snowblower conversion from front of 650 to three point is complete, and a great success!

IMG_7141.JPG

The three point mower which burned with the 650 is now being rebuilt, and going very well. My 650 days are behind me. It was an excellent and totally capable tractor, which I will miss. Aside from the hood and drive pictured, I have just memories of it, all manuals and documents lost in the shop. I do still have the home made forks, which fit that loader. I primed them, and set them aside, rather than sending to scrap. I very much doubt that they are worth the cost of shipping, but they are sitting doing nothing, and fit a 60 loader in place of the bucket...

Tractor forklift.jpg

/ JD 650 Hood #7  
I wish I had a loader for mine. They are great little tractors though. Perfect size for most things.

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg