3-Point Hitch JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right.

/ JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right.
The serial number is *CH0650019173. 1984 model. I verified that the little lever is on the side of the lift control. Just slightly behind the left side seat support. The draft feedback should be out of play. The adjustment shaft nuts on the feedback arm are backed off. I also put a lighter handle on the lift lever. The plastic one had rotted off. So I made one out of brass. I thought it might be vibrating a little. Haven't tried it that way yet. So far drifting down isn't my problem. It just comes up while I am mowing. On this model the rate of fall is a big knob on the front of the housing.

/ JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right. #12  
This should be the correct parts schematic for RS control valve for your tractors SN. I don't see handle unless it's parts keys 39 & 40??

Attachments

• MP9508_________UN02JAN94.gif
    MP9508_________UN02JAN94.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 232
39 & 40 are it. 39 is actually a piece of rubber for gripping 40, I guess. Is that a cutoff for the lift? I got out today and cut some without any trouble. The only thing I have done is make the lift handle smaller. I had a 2lb. piece of brass for a handle, and I am wondering if it was shaking. Won't really know until I cut my field so I can run longer. I was wrong about the feedback arm. It tightens up when the lift gets down to cutting position.

/ JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right. #14  
Without the aid of a tech manual I don't have the answer to your question.

/ JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right. #15  
Stop valve1.jpgRate of drop valve2.jpgLinkage3.jpg

/ JD 650 lift moving or draft control not right. #16  
Thank you Oldtink for TM photo's. ec121 the photo indicates the lever on your tractor is the 3 pt rate of drop screw. Therefore if adjusted in to much can keep 3 pt from lowering.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. This will really help. I am starting a file of pictures. I thought the stop screw was the rate of drop adjustment. The stop screw must lock the lift in position.