JD 990

/ JD 990 #11  
Sounds good and I know you are messin' around but the 990 is a steal at about 20k compared to my purchase price of a 970 12 years ago at $17,700

/ JD 990 #12  
I've said this before and I'll say it again: the 990 could not be more perfect for me if it had dropped from the sky by God onto my property. I was drooling over the Kubota MX 5000, and looking to buy that unit new, but then I saw an ad by a guy 3 miles from me, selling his 4wd 990 with 40 hours, never-used cutter, PHD, ballast box and 430 FEL for $19000 cash.

I wasn't looking at JD at all, but felt like I should investigate the classified ad for the 990. I called two JD dealers and asked if it was a good deal, and they said it must have sold already, it was priced so low. I called the Kubota dealer helping me on the MX 5000, and he almost ordered me to get the 990. Am I glad I did, the 990 is perfect for my 25 acres, although if I do expand my vineyard, I will have to have someone else with a larger rig do any real plowing and discing preparatory work. But for brush cutting, snow removal, and the like, this rig fits me like a glove.

/ JD 990 #13  
Im very happy with my 990. 40Hp and some big tires to make use of it. I have about 65 hrs on mine to date. It sure makes the neighbors drool. They seem to find plenty of projects for my little tractor as well.

I like the beefy simplicity of the 990. And the price was right.

I suppose most folks are looking to get into a hydro model, which have more bells and whistles. I like them myself, especially the new 20 series. Great machines.

John