JD gas 2020 circa OLD

/ JD gas 2020 circa OLD #1  

teejk

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2020, IH CC 1250, Ariens 926 Snowthrower
Hi all...for some stupid reason I bit on what I think is a 1965 JD 2020 gas (SN NT 5H1C030704T). It sat in a field for several years with the rear hood AWOL but I stripped what I could to get at the fuel tank to de-varnish it (old fuel really smells like varnish doesn't it). With the guts out of the way I pressure washed everything that I won't get at when those guts are put back in.

I still have no clue as to whether it will run and trying to keep it cheap until I get to that point. So as I start reassembly from front to rear:

1) gas tank (replacement I think because it is yellow and is in pretty good shape) is flushed and clean
2) fuel lines from the tank to the fuel pump cleaned and flushed.
3) front hydro pump appears to be a replacement...dealer's white markings say 2030 looks pretty good.

So on the right side (left if viewed from the front), I already know a new dist cap/rotor and points are in order...the cap has the standard spring clip on one side but only a piece of wire on the other. That piece of wire was apparently not very effective and the cap flops around like a dead fish. Anybody know the part #'s on those? Can I find one of those clips in lieu of replacing the entire distributor?

Alternator appears to be a replacement...Delco variety I think. Wiring looks to be a cobble job (a lot of snipped wires so if anybody has a wiring diagram I would appreciate it).

I'll leave it at that for now...If anybody responds, I'll post more.

/ JD gas 2020 circa OLD #2  
Try this web site. John Deere parts catalog. Then put in 2020 where it says "find". Click on sectional index, then electrical and finally wiring system. I was just there. You find that clip as well. Best of all it's free as well as you can print it. Let me know

/ JD gas 2020 circa OLD #3  
Hit send before I was finished. Meant to say you might find that clip there as well. Let me know if I can help. Good luck

/ JD gas 2020 circa OLD #4  
parts key # 15 AT14679 CLAMP

Attachments

• T12475_________UN01JAN94.gif
    T12475_________UN01JAN94.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 484