JD iMATCH ?

/ JD iMATCH ? #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
All the JD iMatches I seen have the two handles to release and latch the implement. The Deere literature my son picked up shows an iMatch with one handle. Is this a "new improved" version? Looks like the one handle version you could work easier from the seat. Does anyone know the difference?

/ JD iMATCH ? #2  
The one handle design is new, I have the two handle one and it sure is great! I imagine the new design is just that much easier to use, but not worth trading in my old one. Witchever one you get, you will not be sorry!

/ JD iMATCH ? #3  
Here is another thread on the subject

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56051&highlight=i-match

NJDEERE wrote in that thread:

"I think I can help put this thread to bed. As of October when we went to Florida for intro, I asked about the single arm I-match and was told the idea had been shelved. The new I-match was not compatible with the new cab tractors, due to the handle possibly striking the back of the cab(ie glass /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). It was decided to shelve the idea for now. So, there is no new style Imatch, it never went into production. Hope this helps. "

chuck

/ JD iMATCH ?
JD3520, thanks for the info. It looked like a great improvement, but I can see that it would be a problem with cab tractors. Thanks again for setting things straight.

/ JD iMATCH ? #5  
I just purchased a new JD3520 3 weeks ago and asked about the single handled iMatch. They caled John Deere who told them that it would be available in the fall.

/ JD iMATCH ?
country dave, thanks for the info. I'll wait til fall and see if they are available.I was wondering why they would put it in their literature and then not be available.