JD Parts costs?

/ JD Parts costs? #1  

jd2210newbie

Tractor
jd2210
Not wanting to start a brand war here, but I am wondering if replacement parts for other tractors Kubota, Mahindra etc are just as expensive as JD? I just removed a fuel pump that looks like about a $25 part on any other engine. The JD OEM is $140. Fortunately, there are aftermarket sources. I know JD is discouraging self service but $140 is really out there. Is it the same way for other brands?

/ JD Parts costs? #2  
I suspect yes. It’s been several years ago I broke the rear tail light on my Kubota BX. I figured it would be expensive, as I recall it was less than $20. Later on I needed a light bulb. The Kubota parts guy was embarrassed to tell me, the light bulb was something like $15. It was a standard automotive bulb and got one at a parts store for about 1$.

/ JD Parts costs? #3  
As I look at it, the price is what it is. But the biggest downer by far is when the part is NLA. So when Deere has the part, I try to not moan and groan. And I try to avoid after-market parts as well. Only as a last resort, as too often they don't meet up to Deere standards.

Just had to replace a fender on my '98 4x2 gator, and was sweating that I would not find it available. It was available, so I was happy.
Glad after 25 years there were still parts that I could buy. The decreased value of a gator with broken fenders is much more than the cost of this fender. Figure the annual cost to Deere of warehousing old parts, especially these days. I'm grateful Deere is doing that.

My fault that I parked the gator on an incline in the woods, thought I had set the brake but either didn't or it didn't latch. Twenty seconds later, I saw it moving backwards down the hill and into the trees. All I could say was "this ain't gonna be pretty" !.
But the right rear corner of the tailgate caught a tree, the gator spun 90° as it slipped by the tree crunching the fender.

Attachments

• Gator fender.jpg
    Gator fender.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 82
   / JD Parts costs? #4  
I haven't found them unreasonable at all lately. OEM filters have been within a couple dollars of Napa ones, and occasionally dramatically cheaper. Inner/outer air filters for our 2950 were $30 cheaper each at Deere a month or so ago. Cab glass was <$200 each for a 7520 door pane and a 5085 curved corner pane, couldn't believe either of those. 5085 fuel pump was $90 two weeks ago. The trickier part has been availability. I've heard "that's the last one in the system" several times, as well as "there's one in Germany." We've had to cast a wider net to different stores regionally more than we're used to. Seems like Deere's warehouse inventory is struggling, because most of the time either it's at a dealer *somewhere* or on back order. Not much in between.

/ JD Parts costs? #5  
Deere is no worse than anyone else.

You should look at motorcycle OEM part prices! I have a little part time retirement gig at a local motorcycle dealership stocking parts. Had an order come in the other day and there were two o-rings in the order. One slightly larger than the other but not dramatically so. Smaller one was $3 and the larger one, $15!

/ JD Parts costs? #6  
Kubota common purchase items filters and fluids have taking good jump in prices.

/ JD Parts costs? #7  
I suspect yes. It’s been several years ago I broke the rear tail light on my Kubota BX. I figured it would be expensive, as I recall it was less than $20. Later on I needed a light bulb. The Kubota parts guy was embarrassed to tell me, the light bulb was something like $15. It was a standard automotive bulb and got one at a parts store for about 1$.
Consumables (oil, fluids, lightbulbs, etc) are insanely expensive at Kubota dealers.

/ JD Parts costs? #8  
I'm just happy that I can still obtain parts for my 17-year-old JD 3520. :)

I've never felt that JD is discouraging self-service on tractors that are no longer manufactured.

When there are no parts available, whether OEM or third-party, then we are all in trouble...

/ JD Parts costs? #9  
When you think about high priced parts check out item 45 on a NH 575 small sq baler part #86640970 @ $4115.83

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-22 073648.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-22 073648.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-04-21 093434.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-21 093434.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 57
   / JD Parts costs? #10  
I can buy that. Not a high volume replacement part on the first place. The knotter stack is even more I believe.

If you built a tractor from parts, it would cost you 10 times the retail price. Why it's not done.