Price Check JD Pricing

/ JD Pricing #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
My brother and sister-in-law are moving into an old farm house I own. For his first tractor my BIL is set on getting a John Deere subcut (2305 or 2320?) with a MMM for mowing and other chores, and indicated that he wanted me to help him negotiate the purchase. I usually buy Kubota equipment where I know I can usually negotiate on the price. But since I've never dealt with Deere I am unsure about their pricing. Does JD negotiate on their tractor prices? What about Deere brand implements, any room there?

Thanks for the information.

Jim

/ JD Pricing #2  
Absolutely. Dont let them tell you otherwise. Some guys say 15% off MSRP is decent.

/ JD Pricing #3  
I got a good deal on my 2320 CUT a couple of months ago. $16800 with 200cx loader and 62" MMM, worklights and brush guards.

You must do your shopping. I shopped 3 JD dealers and got 3 different prices, 2 of which were significantly different. They definately do deal, some much more than others.

/ JD Pricing #4  
Yes, Deere dealers will typically negotiate on price.

1. Go to www.johndeere.com and locate dealers in your area. You'll have to determine what your "area" means; for some folks that's 10 miles and for others it's 250 miles. Just remember there is often value to purchasing local. In my case I had many dealers within 20 miles.

2. Decide which unit best suits your needs.

3. Go online to the Deere website again and build your tractor to your specs. This will give you the MSRP or "list" price.

4. Visit dealers in person (preferred) or call them and let them know exactly what you are looking for - work off of the list that you built online.

5. Get a feel for the dealerships beyond price - look at their service department, parts department, etc. Are these people you want to deal with after the sale? Are you buying remotely such that you'll need to deal with a "local" dealer for parts and service?

6. Balance price vs. dealership.

7. Buy green. :)

You will find different prices - I know I found over a $1K spread in prices for the exact same unit. My deal was 12.5% off list on my 2305. Could I have ground the price down a bit further? Maybe - but I was happy with the dealer and happy with the price so I signed on the dotted line.

Good Luck!

Scott