JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ?

/ JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ? #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
Just a little research.

My friend has a smaller model JD tractor (no details, under 30 hp) that is probably 20 yrs old, I have not seen his tractor. It does have a quick attach set-up.
I have been looking for a set of pallet forks, used is fine, brand is not important, if they will fit.
Friend has these Pallet Forks, and got them recently with his used tractor. He does not use them, so offered to sell them to me. Initially I thought that it was a pair of bolt-ons to the loader (also fine for my needs), but not so.
I need to compare and measure the quick attach set up that I have vs the system that he has.
Just thought I'd ask here... would it be a universal fit ?, is it JD proprietary ? is it worthwhile, or should I find something specific for the BX23S ?
Thanks

/ JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ? #2  
Not impossible it has been converted to SSQA from JD pin on.. That does exist..

However it sounds like it will be a hands on, tape measure thing to see with a sketch and measurements of what exists on your loader already..

Sounds like a road trip is in order.. Good luck..

/ JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ?
it's a short road trip :) about 15 min, and I have the measurements for mine. Probably can get invited over for coffee when I see him at church tomorrow

(where is NW BC ? :) )

/ JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ? #4  
I don't think the current JDQA system existed 20 years ago, so it is likely to be regular SSQA, but i'll be interested to see what you find out.

Right now a set of 'real' quick attach forks goes for $700 and up (new), so if he's talking less than that it's worth the investigation.

/ JD quick attach PALLET FORKS, for a Kubota BX23S ?
I think we are at about $200 Cdn in initial thoughts - he doesn't use them, and had them thrown in with the used tractor purchase. If they work for me, win-win. I think that they might be too big for my machine ... we'll see.

I find it interesting, what discussions come up in casual conversations ... neither of us knew that the other had a compact tractor :)

Last edited: