JD right to repair

/ JD right to repair #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
It appears John Deere has backed down to right to repair.

/ JD right to repair #3  
..."a memorandum of understanding," is not a legal document or contract.

/ JD right to repair #4  
..."a memorandum of understanding," is not a legal document or contract.
You are right. A MOU - as it is known - has no power to bind the parties. But it is a document requiring signatures and stating that all parties have agreed to work together in good faith to accomplish a specific goal. When signed, an MOU is a legal document in that sense and also in the sense that it is part of a process that is intended to eventually lead to a more binding agreement.

So it isn't the endall, but not chicken feed either.
rScotty

/ JD right to repair #5  
   / JD right to repair #6  
The problem is that JD is caught between the farmers (equipment owners) and the EPA. JD has to ensure their equipment meets EPA regulations for a certain period and if somebody messes with things not knowing what they are doing, unfortunetly JD has to answer to the EPA if their equipment no longer meets regulations. As far as I am concerned, the EPA is at the root of this evil, not JD.

/ JD right to repair #7  
The problem is that JD is caught between the farmers (equipment owners) and the EPA. JD has to ensure their equipment meets EPA regulations for a certain period and if somebody messes with things not knowing what they are doing, unfortunetly JD has to answer to the EPA if their equipment no longer meets regulations. As far as I am concerned, the EPA is at the root of this evil, not JD.
One motivated by profit, the other by health.

/ JD right to repair
I dont believe that one bit. How come other manufacturers didnt refuse owners from working on their own equipment

/ JD right to repair #9  
   / JD right to repair #10  
I'm sorry, I don't buy that argument at all. I don't mean to sound like I am defending the EPA, but John Deere's motives are behind their right to repair position has far more to do with trying to monopolize the repair of their machines. Emissions are a small fraction of the things they would like to prevent the owner from touching.