JD SCV (remote) is throwing out the hydraulic hose

/ JD SCV (remote) is throwing out the hydraulic hose #1  

RancherGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710; JD 5425, 6105R, 7130-P; IH 1086
I have two JDs that now have the same problem. 2008 and 2012 models with less than 2,000 hours on each.

The symptom is that regardless of whether I activate the SCV slowly or quickly, the coupling immediately spits the Pioneer coupling out.

I am including a couple of pictures, and labeled what appears to be drain hoses that connect to the "tank", as though excess fluid is expected to be discarded at certain times. A few operational hours earlier, activating one remote would cause 2 or 3 hoses to be spit out, but now only one remote (the one operated) is spit out.

Anyone know what is happening? Know if there is a rebuild kit?

Attachments

• SCV rear view.png
    SCV rear view.png
    964.1 KB · Views: 71
  • SCV side view.png
    SCV side view.png
    937 KB · Views: 59
   / JD SCV (remote) is throwing out the hydraulic hose
UPDATE
We have a solution for the problem! Part numbers, too!

This issue has plagued me, and it appears that it has plagued JD as well, for they manufactured with one design, switched to a second design, and are now using a third design.

Original OEM for top+bottom SCV couplers (these are considered Deluxe couplers):
AL172003 & 004

Redesigned replacement SCV couplers (still considered Deluxe couplers):
AL210587 & 588

The latest replacement SCV couplers (no longer Deluxe - implements 'standard' couplers - Deluxe caps no longer fit):
AL221083 for both top and bottom.

I dissected one of the OEM couplers and found that internally there are small rubber o-rings. I think there were three - one was intact, one appeared to be damaged and the third was torn into bits. To my knowledge, there is no seal kit for them.

Upon my final acquisition of couplers at JD parts desk, I was commenting that the newest couplers would not allow the Deluxe caps to be used. One customer spoke up and confirmed - cannot use the old caps; you are on your own to cap them. Buy generic $5 caps for each hole from the dealer if you wish.

FWIW, my dealer said he had 56 of the couplers on hand. That told me that there are a lot of replacements taking place.

/ JD SCV (remote) is throwing out the hydraulic hose #3  
I'm glad I own an older model 4255 tractor. It has 11567 hrs of use with original breakaway coupler parts