JD Work light kits

/ JD Work light kits #1  

KennedyDiesel

Veteran Member
Looking to find out if I will need to run all the way to the panel, or if the JD light kits find a vacant sub connector somewhere at the rear of the tractor? I have my rear facing lights mounted to the ROPS just above the hinge, and am ready to wire them. This is on my 3729 which should be same as 4000-10's.

/ JD Work light kits #2  
KennedyDiesel,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Looking to find out if I will need to run all the way to the panel, or if the JD light kits find a vacant sub connector somewhere at the rear of the tractor? )</font>

The earlier mid frame tractors had a purple wire in the harness on each side. Look for the large black ribbed conduit that feeds the smaller conduit that goes into the rops. Probably a black ground wire there also. My 4200 had the wires with connectors on them. The 4300 had the wires but just taped ends - no connectors. If you can get hold of a technical manual, you'll find the full schematic with color codes and numbers.

/ JD Work light kits
Thanks, they are there as well on the new series. Just got in from finishing it up. There is a purple and a black wire that have bullet connectorsand are plugged with a mating connector.

/ JD Work light kits #4  
KennedyDiesel - Sounds like it was a relatively straightforward project? Looking at adding the front & rear worklights to my 4110.

-Norm

/ JD Work light kits
Simple! I'll try to do some pics. I basically drilled and tapped the ROPS with 2) 1/4-20 holes per side about 1.5" below the large holes in the upper section. Wires are in a heavy cloth loom, and the RH light picks up the LH lifght on the way to power and ground.

The lights I have are Hella Micro FF 55 watt. Unfortunately, they are driving lights with a precise long range beam where a fog would be better for a broad beam. These are Free Form focused lights with 50,000 points of reflector doing the aiming rather than the lense trying to do so.

I had these on the shelf for a couple of years now. I can always order the fog reflector/housing and put it in the housing. These would be best suited for forward facing lights, but I guess I'll see how they work in the dark once and go from there. They'll be good tailgater deterrrents at 55w each!

/ JD Work light kits #6  
Ok, great, another question. Any experience with the JD light kits or would you recommend a 3rd party product? They'll be for close up work; BH & maybe some limited FEL work...not much mowing. My dealer kind of shrugged his shoulders and said he could get them (the JD ones) if I wanted them...the body language was telling me to go somewhere else!

Thanks much! -Norm

/ JD Work light kits #7  
I recently installed the Deere kit on my 2004 4410. The dual, forward facing lights attach to brush guards that are secured with the existing bolts that hold the tail lights to the rops. There are wires at the base of the rops to plug in to. It couldn't be easier.

/ JD Work light kits
Let's try a pic. The angle makes it look like they stick way behyond the Rops, but in reality, they are only about 4-3/4" wide and the rops is 2" wide leaving 1-3/8" per side.

Attachments

• 611198-Z.jpg
    611198-Z.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 328
   / JD Work light kits

Attachments

• 611203-z.jpg
    611203-z.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 254

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2019 Freightliner M2 106 Crew Cab Service Truck (A35915)
2019 Freightliner...
48IN Clover Leaf Fence Line Mower (A35719)
48IN Clover Leaf...
2018 Allmand Night-Lite V-Series S/A Towable Light Tower (A35915)
2018 Allmand...
2006 Belshe T10 T/A Tagalong Equipment Trailer (A35915)
2006 Belshe T10...
John Deere 450JD Crawler Tractor, (A35430)
John Deere 450JD...
2018 Broce BW260 Ride-On Towable 3 Wheel Sweeper (A35915)
2018 Broce BW260...