JD1025R lower mower but not three point

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point #1  

Jims1025R

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, John Deere 15 Mini ex, Polaris 700 6x6 Ranger & Airplane
Hey JD1025 operators,

If I have the tiller (or whatever) on the three point, and the mid mower on, can I raise and lower the mid mower while holding the three point attachment up the whole time? I thought I could close the rockshaft knob to isolate the three point, but that stops both the three point and the mid mower at the upper position. Is there any other trick? Or, do I have to remove the three point accessory to use the mid mower?

Thanks, Jim

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point #2  
Jim
Welcome to TBN

Some pics of your connections to your mid mower for lifting would help zero in on the answer. If the linkage to raise the mid mower is connected to the 3 pt lift arms, then likely not going to work. But that may not be how it is connected.

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point #3  
Independent lift option would cure your problem.

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point #4  
Nope, not like it comes from the factory. You can lock out the MMM and use the 3 point. But you can't lock out the 3 point and use the MMM.

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point
Thanks for your responses, I've climbed under, and reached the same conclusion. It just seems silly to have to remove the three point accessory to mow, but I guess I'm expecting a little too much! It's a great tractor, so I'll use it the way it's designed.

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point #6  
Since there's no down pressure, only gravity, I suppose you could suspend the implement somehow with chain or cable to keep it from dropping. I'm not sure if the mower would still drop though. You'd have to try it.

/ JD1025R lower mower but not three point
Yes, I considered that. There's really not much to suspend from, so knowing [now] that the tractor is not so designed, I'll just take the implement off the three point....