JD1050, loader and backhoe pricing guidance

/ JD1050, loader and backhoe pricing guidance #1  

HP942

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XJ2025H
I have a mid 80’s JD1050, 4x4, 37 HP Yanmar turbo diesel, with 3006 hours on it. Overall average condition, just had the fuel injection pump rebuilt last week. Engine runs great, going in to the shop next week for a rear axle seal leak. The tractor has the typical scuffs, etc. for a this vintage. It has a factory loader with bucket and a DIY set of pin on pallet forks, factory subframe backhoe that runs off PTO with self-contained hydraulic system. It resembles me....it runs good and works hard, but a bit on the ugly side. Mechanically in good shape, I’ve owned it 14 years and 1200 hours, the lights or the gas gauge never has worked, but the the tach and the hour meter does. Any ideas on how I should price this thing? TIA

Last edited:
   / JD1050, loader and backhoe pricing guidance #2  
Simple, jump on many of the tractor sites and do a comparison.

Your machine is really a Yanmar YM4300 in JD green paint. The lights are super easy to fix for the gauge. Hoye Tractor Parts or any UTDA Yanmar parts dealer has those. Most of the JD dealers can't get parts anymore, but the Yanmar parts suppliers have them. :)

If you can upload a pix, bet you would get a few people with pricing from their areas too, maybe even a buyer regionally.

Yes, the JD1050/YM4300 is a very robust machine. It's dependable and strong.