JD3010 Diesel won't shift

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #1  
Tractor
John Deere 112, John Deere 3010D
I just fixed a hydraulic fluid leakage issue in the valve bank for the brakes of my John Deere 3010 Diesel. The tractor sat for several months prior. Now that it's put back together, I can only shift into gears when the tractor is turned off. When I start it up, I can't shift out of neutral. I bled the brakes. I do see the hydraulic fluid is low and I plan to head to town for more fluid, however, it seems improbable to me that low fluid in itself wouldn't allow me to shift. Any suggestions?

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #2  
Sounds as if traction clutch is stuck. I suggest to block traction clutch pedal down then start engine * allow it to operate for 30 minutes. If clutch is still stuck then get tractor in an open space,start engine with trans in a lower gear,clutch pedal down & separately stomp each brake pedal in hopes to free clutch disk.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #3  
Good plan. I would not block the pedal down while warming however. Thats more time than I would like to put on the throw out bearing unnecessarily. Instead I would just operate the pedal several times while the tractor is warming.

I think your "open space" trick will be necessary. Hopefully the clutch is not too stuck.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #4  
Spyderlk
Blocking traction clutch pedal down for 30 minutes should put less strain on throwout brg than pto mechanism puts on pto engagement brg that does exactly the same thing which on some long days pto remains engaged many hours at one time. Please view photo below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-17 101906.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-17 101906.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 36
   / JD3010 Diesel won't shift #5  
Spyderlk
Blocking traction clutch pedal down for 30 minutes should put less strain on throwout brg than pto mechanism puts on pto engagement brg that does exactly the same thing which on some long days pto remains engaged many hours at one time. Please view photo below.
Im pretty sure my 2010 has the same kind of mechanism. The PTO lever rests in the declutch state. As you throw the lever it operates the PTO clutch, then engages the PTO gear, and then releases the clutch. Thus there is no long term involvement of the PTO throwout bearing.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #6  
As has been said your clutch disc has stuck to the flywheel.
You can try the method mentioned above to free it.
Or start the tractor in gear with the clutch held down the tractor will move.
Once it is in a place that it can be jockeyed around then try stomping on the brakes with the engine throttled up good to see if it will break free.
Some engines you can see the clutch disk via an access panel if so you can try prying the disc loose from the flywheel.
If your design has a recessed disk on the flywheel it is more difficult.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #7  
Im pretty sure my 2010 has the same kind of mechanism. The PTO lever rests in the declutch state. As you throw the lever it operates the PTO clutch, then engages the PTO gear, and then releases the clutch. Thus there is no long term involvement of the PTO throwout bearing.
2010 has similar not identical pto clutch engagement. But once 2010 pto operating mechanism is engaged brg(item 5) applies pressure to pressure plate fingers 100% of the time pto mechanism/clutch is engaged. During 2010 pto mechanism engagement collar(item 22 2nd photo) is engaged which has a grinding sound. 3010 pto control mechanism doesn't have a collar(item 22) that requires engagement.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-17 124356.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-17 124356.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2021-10-17 125042.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-17 125042.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 35
   / JD3010 Diesel won't shift #8  
Applying pressure to the fingers would be trying to lift the pressure plate. Essentially riding the clutch. This would favor the clutch slipping. There should be free play at both extremes of the PTO lever travel.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift
Your suggestions worked. Thank you very much.

/ JD3010 Diesel won't shift #10  
You're Welcome I'm glad clutch became unstuck.