JD3320 leaking and fill

/ JD3320 leaking and fill #1  

Bigdoggie

Tractor
Looking 3320
Hello,
I have a JD 3320. It is about 2.5 yrs old now with about 150 hours. Within the past week I developed a leak in each outrigger, one on the backhoe and one on the right front wheel hub. I have checked the front axle and the level is good, I nned to check and fill the "rest" of the machine, can anyone tell me where the fill and stick are?? I found a cap under the Hoe seat with a stick down low, would that be it? The cap is yellow and appears to have a "oil" icon on the cap. Also, is anyone familiar with the warranty on these machines, I think it was 36 months but I also have the JD insurance they made me get for the financing.....would any of these leaks be something covered or is this "normal wear and tear?"
Thanks
Joe

/ JD3320 leaking and fill #2  
That cap under the hoe seat is the fill, and the dip stick is just to the left.

I do recommend that you read the owners manual, it is chock full of useful information on things like scheduled maintenance and part locations. I also recommend buying the technical manual; it is a good read and will help you understand the inner workings of the tractor (in great detail).

The stabilizer hydraulic cylinders on my 447 backhoe started weeping oil at about 220 hrs on my 3320 (35 hours after I bought it). I purchased low cost seal kits from Baum, but the cylinders weep so little that I just can't bring myself to fix them. I am now approaching 400 hrs, and if anything the weeping has slowed down. Perhaps I have learned not to skid myself around so much on the stabilizers. About half my hours are rigorous backhoe use, so I am not complaining.

I can't make much of a comment on the front axle leak. If I recall, someone on the site did tear a seal by wrapping wire or twine or something up around the axel. I looked in the technical reference and it looks to be an easy fix.

Call John Deere about the warranty, leaks should not be normal wear and tear.

/ JD3320 leaking and fill
Thanks, I am trying to locate the manual.........somehow....it was misplaced. Your info was great, thanks. I really ned the waranty info and the JD site link is broken....I figure small leaks are not an issue, as long as the tank is full. The front axle I "think" was when I had a loaded bucket and rode 1/2 up on a rock. I figured the weap was just due to a bunch of preassure on the side of the tire but it still weeps, not much, just enough to think about a winter repair but hey if warrenty works then why not.

Joe

/ JD3320 leaking and fill #4  
You've had this tractor for 2.5 years and never checked the oil?

PDF version of the manual is HERE, and I think the warranty is 24 months on the tractor, 12 on implements.

/ JD3320 leaking and fill #5  
The manual is online here:

OMLVU17926_J7

Give John Deere a call about your warranty.

/ JD3320 leaking and fill #6  
About duplicated your post kennyd.