JD4100/B7500

/ JD4100/B7500 #1  

Titanic

Tractor
B-2410
Talked to a JD dealer today and I asked him to give me a reason (s) why i should spend the extra money on
a 4100 vs B7500HSt Here are the things he mentioned .
The left and right rear brake control are on the left and are usable. compared to the kubotas.
JD has direct fuel injection and the B7500 does not. Is this true and does it matter?
Postion control on the JD. Who makes the engines for these tractors.? What do you think guys ? Any comments would be appreciated.
Titanic

/ JD4100/B7500 #2  
I have a B7500..and for what its worth..I have yet to be in a position where I needed the left or right control brake...but if I did...I think I would consider setting the cruise control and try it that way..otherwise one would need to use both feet on the same side of the tractor..might be an exercise on coordination..

/ JD4100/B7500 #3  
Titanic, I have a 7500 and I have used a 4100 at work. These are my observations based on snowblowing with both. Hours on the JD are 31, hours on the 7500 is 12. Blower on the JD is a 48" and a 60" on the 7500.
The 4100 bogged before the 7500 does, the R4 tires on the 4100 did not supply as good of traction as the turf tires on the 7500. The steering brakes on the 7500 are designed to be used with the cruise control set, and work well. The steering brakes also worked well on the JD. My main complaint with the 4100 is the collection of different countries parts used to make it, (Engine, Japan), (Front Akle, Germany), (Snowblower, Spain) and I would guess some USA parts. I am not sure about fuel system differences, both seem to start well in 15 degree temps. The 7500 seems to have a little better power curve. Both tractors do the job, but it seems the Kubota does it a little better at a lower price.

/ JD4100/B7500 #4  
Titanic,

The other answers that you've gotten (so far) are right on. Kubota makes its own engine, and I don't think there's a whit of significance between direct and indirect injection. I do know that the Kubota runs very clean (which is partially attributable to the indirect injection).

I've never used the differential braking, and I haven't missed the PC either.

/ JD4100/B7500 #5  
Titanic,

If I rememember right, I beleive the JD brochure states that the 4100 DOES NOT HAVE direct injection. I think it is the only 4000 series that does not have direct. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

/ JD4100/B7500 #6  
I know that the gauges for Kubota are made in CT , my
friends wife makes them. They also make the gauges for Harley Davidson and others.

/ JD4100/B7500 #7  
I also had a JD dealer tell me that the 4100 had a suspended MMM rather than the deck that "rolls" on the groung like the 7500. Most people on this forum prefer the suspended deck. Can any of you that own the 4100 with a MMM confirm that it is a suspended deck?
Thanks,

/ JD4100/B7500
Dieter, You are correct the dealer called today and corrected himself. He did mention it was the small things that some may not notice that makes the JD more $$. Such as a larger fuel tank , hydroaulic pump capacity. This certainly hasn't changed my mind and will probably purchase the b-7500 in the coming weeks.
Sherbs I was suprised to here the turf tires gave you better traction then the r-4's. Is this in snow only?
I will be purchasing a 60" MMM and Fel with my tractor purchase. I looked at a few tillers online . (beefco and the Howard.) what do you think about this brands? And what would be the largest tiller i would want to
put on the B7500.
Glueguy i have read many of your posts> Thanks for all your information.
Titanic

/ JD4100/B7500 #9  
Dieter,

The MMM deck is suspended and does roll. The suspension hardware has flexible points which allows the deck to move up and down with the terrain (to an extent to be honest).

As far as power is concerned, my 4100 does just fine for a 20hp HST. I do not have a snowblower and don't understand how you can compare the two tractors with different snowblower sizes. There must be some other factors involved. As far as R4s vs turf tires, many discussions have been carried on concerning the pro's and con's.

I've only driven one Kubota and I do not remember the model. May have been a 7500, not sure. That was about two years ago and it was a lot of fun. The first time I drove a tractor with a FEL. Need to drive it again to compare and see what the real difference is.

Good luck.

Terry

/ JD4100/B7500 #10  
I'm considering one of the two myself, probably the 7500. What's everyone's thoughts on how big of a rotary cutter will work effectively on either for pasture grass? Would the 2410 be able to accomodate a bigger one?