JD4100 Glow Plugs?

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #11  
I have a 4100 and they do have a glow plug. In the manual they say listen for a click when you turn the key and then you can start the machine. I wait for a few seconds after that then trun the machine on and have never had a problem even in cold weather. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bill

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #12  
my 4100 definitely has glow plugs. i just removed 3 of them.

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #13  
My partsbook shows three (3) glow plugs per engine on the 4100 CUT

I was just going to start a post here about starting my JD4100 in cold weather. As soon as it starts getting even cool here in New Hampshire, 30sF, my tractor is hard to start. I looked in the owners manual and it says it has glow plugs ? When I turn the switch to the start position, 2 red lights come on.Manual says they are battery and oil pressure.I always thought one meant glow plugs. I plan on using my tractor a lot this winter when temps will be single numbers to the 20s F. Whats the best way to help cold weather starting ? Also, when starting it cold, how long do you turn the key and let it try to start before stopping and redoing ? Thanks for any help ?

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #14  
I was just going to start a post here about starting my JD4100 in cold weather. As soon as it starts getting even cool here in New Hampshire, 30sF, my tractor is hard to start. I looked in the owners manual and it says it has glow plugs ? When I turn the switch to the start position, 2 red lights come on.Manual says they are battery and oil pressure.I always thought one meant glow plugs. I plan on using my tractor a lot this winter when temps will be single numbers to the 20s F. Whats the best way to help cold weather starting ? Also, when starting it cold, how long do you turn the key and let it try to start before stopping and redoing ? Thanks for any help ?

4100 - Starting the engine

Step 12 ?

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #15  
Willl, I had read that in my manual too. I was just wondering if guys here might have other hints. Someone messaged me to use diesel addivite during the cold weatehr.Sounds like a good idea. Manual says to not crank engine for more than 20 seconds at a time.20 seconds sounded like a long time to me ?

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #16  

I know on the the other 4x00 models I have worked with, you turn the key to the on position and then press the key in to activate the glow plugs. I know the 4100 is a bit different, but if you have not tried it I would say it's worth a (long) shot.

/ JD4100 Glow Plugs? #17  
I know on the the other 4x00 models I have worked with, you turn the key to the on position and then press the key in to activate the glow plugs. I know the 4100 is a bit different, but if you have not tried it I would say it's worth a (long) shot.

Checked glow plugs,power to them but none working . Replaced them today. Hard starting problem fixed ! They are pricey little things though, $40 each.