JD4300 Bogging Down

/ JD4300 Bogging Down #1  

MACrook

Tractor
2000 Farmtrac 320 DTC
Looking for advice on JD 4300…..bogs down when warming up if you try to go forward too quickly. I try to let it warm up but in high range (C), pressing the forward pedal the engine bogs down but will recover if you let off. It does better if you start in A but that too slow. It’s like starting off in third gear on a car.

ONCE it gets hot and the longer you use it the better it gets until non existent. Is there a limiting switch or governor that’s malfunctioning? Am I doing something wrong?

/ JD4300 Bogging Down #2  
You really shouldn't use C range except for highway use. B and A are whats mostly used around the farm. my 4700 and 4320 both bog in C range if I push the pedal to fast , instead of easing in.

Also diesel engines need time to warm up before you put them under heavy loads. there are no spark plugs. the engine ignition is from heat of the compression. so the warmer they are . the better they run.

/ JD4300 Bogging Down #3  
Looking for advice on JD 4300…..bogs down when warming up if you try to go forward too quickly. I try to let it warm up but in high range (C), pressing the forward pedal the engine bogs down but will recover if you let off. It does better if you start in A but that too slow. It’s like starting off in third gear on a car.

ONCE it gets hot and the longer you use it the better it gets until non existent. Is there a limiting switch or governor that’s malfunctioning? Am I doing something wrong?

What is the temperature where the tractor is stored? If it is fairly cold then you should let the hydraulic fluid and engine warm up for some time. Hydrostatic transmissions are more susceptible to temperature than traditional geared transmissions and typically require longer warm-up times.

/ JD4300 Bogging Down

You really shouldn't use C range except for highway use. B and A are whats mostly used around the farm. my 4700 and 4320 both bog in C range if I push the pedal to fast , instead of easing in.

Also diesel engines need time to warm up before you put them under heavy loads. there are no spark plugs. the engine ignition is from heat of the compression. so the warmer they are . the better they run.
Ok so I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, but why is A and B sooo slow? I do use those in 4wd pushing or pulling dirt…I guess I’m just impatient, but isnt that the purpose of the HSD to go back and forth quickly? Once it warms or gets hot, C works better and better.

/ JD4300 Bogging Down
What is the temperature where the tractor is stored? If it is fairly cold then you should let the hydraulic fluid and engine warm up for some time. Hydrostatic transmissions are more susceptible to temperature than traditional geared transmissions and typically require longer warm-up times.
Not temp controlled but enclosed and parked there each time. I need to be more patient and pre-run it before use. It does have a glow plug but not sure it works. Live in middle GA so not too extreme in winter but hot in the summer. No matter the season, it does it.

/ JD4300 Bogging Down #6  
Not temp controlled but enclosed and parked there each time. I need to be more patient and pre-run it before use. It does have a glow plug but not sure it works. Live in middle GA so not too extreme in winter but hot in the summer. No matter the season, it does it.

Given where you are located it should not be cold enough to create problems. I would maybe post a video and see if someone here knows your machine well enough to provide some insight as to whether it is normal operation or not. I would still let things warm up a little anyways, even in summer.