JD4300

/ JD4300 #1  

walls

Tractor
JD 4300
I just bought a John Deere 4300. Could someone tell me how to read the identification number on the tractor. I would like to know the date of manufacture. Hopefully a date code is located somewhere. Thank You.
Bill Walls

/ JD4300 #2  
Bill,
Congratulations on your new John Deere. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
What other goodies did you purchase for the J.D.

Hope there aren't to many sleepless nights before deliver. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ JD4300 #3  
Ask the dealer for the build sheet or a copy of. It comes with the tractor showing serial number, build date, options and all the goodies. It will show all important info. I have had my 4300 since April with 150 hours on it and it is the best money I have spent on a major purchase in a long time. The important thing is that the tractor is built after Feb, 2000, as JD changed a lot of their inspections and quality control at that time and my 2 neighbors that have purchased a 4300 and a 4400 that were built after that date are also having NO problems! Good luck on your new JD and have fun!

/ JD4300
The only piece of equipment now is a box blade. I plan to get an aerator and rotary tiller next. How is a 3-point hitch Gill 48 inch plugger? The Ryan I looked at is quite expensive. Gill was about $1400. Thanks

/ JD4300 #5  
Luther, like you, my JD4300 was built in March 2000 and I have had absolutely no problems.