JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question

/ JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
I'm planning on replacing the fluid in my JD5325 front hubs with MFWD. There is a female drain plug in the hub that looks square and it is about 1/2 inch size. Anyone know the exact size of this plug and what did you use to loosen the plug? This should be simple but trying to find a tool to fit this is not obvious to me at the moment. Thank you.....Gary

/ JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question #2  
I looked at the online manual on the 5325 and it looks like my tractor. Use a half inch socket wrench without any socket on it.

/ JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question
Thanks JD 5210. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure as I have noticed archived posters have stripped their drain plug.........Gary

/ JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question #4  
Just to add, make sure the full plug will come out first.

Good luck.

/ JD5325 MFWD Hub Fluid Service Question
Completed the front hubs with no issue other than I needed a good long handle for leverage to get the drain plugs moving....gave a pretty good crack when they let loose. They had a rubber o-ring for sealing which mean't teflon tape or TFE paste not needed. Now I need to do the front differential. Could be tricky getting leverage under the tractor. Should be completed with my Fall maintenance checks and service by tomorrow.