JDLA115 mowr deck??????

/ JDLA115 mowr deck?????? #1  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
I have a question about my LA115 and its mower deck. It seems as if the mower is doing very little to adjust the cutting height unless its at 2 3/4" or above.

When I raise the deck all the way up to 4 inches the tractor makes a lot of noise unsure if the transmission cooling fan has something to do with that or not.

A few weeks before the last dry spell I was mowing and I had sparks come out from under the tractor and some grinding while mowing and I checked the PTO pulley and its tight also.

NOW; I have the rears loaded and have rear suit case weights since the tractor can barely get out of its own way or maintain traction on a proper "low slope" while mowing without them mounted on the tractor even with my fat backside and good chains in winter to use the snow caster-this was before I loaded the rears myself with Wind shield Washer fluid.

I was told its a bit too light for what I do with it but I could not buy a bigger mule at the time I bought this one so almost 6 years later here I am.

It seems that the front plastic roller wheels are always in contact with the ground and in saying that the front tires are not low in pressure either.

The rear height adjusters/mower hangers have never had the adjustment altered either since I bought the LA115.

I have another question; have any of you bought a JD series 1 from Tractor Supply Corporation or is that even possible? There is no sense in my investing in 4 wheel drive X series as I want and really need a loader to save work.