Jinma filter cross over numbers?

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #1  

jonrjen

Bronze Member
OK, I know somewhere, buried deep beyond the search function I preformed, someone has posted the NAPA parts numbers for the oil, fuel filters ot fit the 204 Jennie. Can someone show me the way?
Thanks in advance
Jon

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers?
You R Good!
Thanks
Jon

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #4  
Be careful Jon. That's a very old list, and was never completed. Since then it's been realized that some of those oil filters have gasoline-only engine applications. Before you install one simply because "it fits", make sure you read the application chart to see whether or not that filter is actually fitted to any diesel engines on the list. It has to do with the type of bypass valve, and in some cases the porosity of the filtration material.

//greg//

So would the safe bet be to order from a Jinma dealer? If this is the better way, has anyone got an idea as to what the cost of the filters would be? And a good source from whom to order.

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So would the safe bet be to order from a Jinma dealer? )</font>
No. Even they can't be sure which filter goes where - without seeing the part number of the OE being replaced.

It's clear that Jinma has no in-house filter standard. We know of several American owners who even got the wrong size replacement filters in their spares kits.

Relying 100% what somebody else says works on THEIR Jinma is a crap shoot. That list is a jumping off point, but don't take it for gospel. Use a little initiative, find what works best on YOUR tractor - taking care to verify the potential selection is actually on a diesel application list.

//greg//

Guess I will just take the numbers off the tractor, cross and match, do a little research, and be careful.
The last time I wasn't careful,22 years ago, we had twins..............Ah, but the love of a grand daughter is priceless.

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #8  
I think it was I who found the WIX/NAPA 1516 to replace the oddball JX707 that got out on a few Jinmas... WIX has a great technical website & I did check to see if the relief pressures & backflow preventer valve ect. were compatable. They were... I'd look at the WIX website & make sure what you are cross referencing is compatable... Also, for my 224 ( 224, 254 & 284 the numbers are the same I believe..) I have NAPA part numbers for molded radiator replacement hoses if anyone wants... I tried the flex hoses suggested & thought they put too much stress on the radiator with all the sharp bends... I'd post them now but they are in a file on another PC that I can't access at the moment... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #9  
Agreed. (The right) molded hoses would help a lot. But as with filters, hose applications may depend upon whether or not the engine is a two cylinder or a three.

I replaced all three of my Y385 hoses from the meager inventory my NAPA store keeps on hand. All three hoses were too long, and had to be cut to fit. They only had a 17" FF233 Flex-Hose in stock, and I had to cut off an inch from either end. If they had a 15" it would have saved me a little work. A 777 replaced the one between the radiator and the thermostat housing. I had to cut a couple inches off the thermostat end. A 7296 replaced the bypass, after taking about 3/4" off it as well.

While the subject is on the table, I highly recommend replacing the Asian clamps as well. All three hoses came t0 $19.93 before tax, and I already had a clamp supply.

//greg//

/ Jinma filter cross over numbers? #10  
Has anyone got a cross reference to American filters for the TY295 engine on Jinma's? I have that 2 cylinder engine and all of my filters are of a canister type. NAPA said they couldn't cross them based on the diminsions they measured and what they showed in their book. There's got to be another cross out there somewhere for them that I haven't found yet. I had to resort to mail order to get the tractor running with my fuel filter problems.