**JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #2  
all that qualification for $14/hr temp work? I guess if you are out of work it would be a good place to get experience but they aren't going to attract the best candidates for $14/hr. Brush draggers get $15/hr down here for temp work.

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #3  
The pay scale is below what a well qualified worker would normally receive for that position, and the work load that it entails. But please consider these important facts. The State of NC is in the midst of a financial crisis, as are numerous other States. Funding has been reduced to many of NC state agencies. The pay scale listed is still above what "minimum wage" would pay. When a person is out of work, the bills are due, the food pantry is low, your children are hungry, there is no money for formula or diapers, the electric is turned off, a "Man, Father, and Husband" will do what ever he has to provide for His Family and love ones. A large portion of the working class in this country have suffered, and are still suffering, due to the economic downturn spiral that this Country is currently experiencing. Hopefully the situation will improve in the near future and all of the "hard working people" will receive an adequate and fair wage for their individual jobs and the skills that they provide in performing the tasks for that job. Sometimes a Man has to do what a Man has to do. Everyone have a Happy Day.:)

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #4  
While I agree the economy sucks, the pay rate for a position with this much responsibility isn't very good. I appreciate that a man (or woman) has to do what they have to do but it's tough "making it" on $14/hr and because of DOT laws, the guy will probably have his hours limited if he is moving the machine a lot.

The pay scale is below what a well qualified worker would normally receive for that position, and the work load that it entails. But please consider these important facts. The State of NC is in the midst of a financial crisis, as are numerous other States. Funding has been reduced to many of NC state agencies. The pay scale listed is still above what "minimum wage" would pay. When a person is out of work, the bills are due, the food pantry is low, your children are hungry, there is no money for formula or diapers, the electric is turned off, a "Man, Father, and Husband" will do what ever he has to provide for His Family and love ones. A large portion of the working class in this country have suffered, and are still suffering, due to the economic downturn spiral that this Country is currently experiencing. Hopefully the situation will improve in the near future and all of the "hard working people" will receive an adequate and fair wage for their individual jobs and the skills that they provide in performing the tasks for that job. Sometimes a Man has to do what a Man has to do. Everyone have a Happy Day.:)

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #5  

All of the federal, state and local governments seem to be coming to the same realization as that of the working class, You can't spend more than you make. Personally, I find it rather distasteful when people try and blame their woes on others and not themselves first. For the most part, personal accountability appears to be a thing of the past.

Not that any one should be paying more, or less, than a job is worth. Where is the line drawn between working for wages and working for expenses? Depending on some variables, another case of staying home and living off the government probably has more appeal than eking out a living.

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #6  
If the job gets a lot of applications, then the payscale is about right. If few or no applications, then they'll have to raise the hourly rate.

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #7  
If the job gets a lot of applications, then the payscale is about right. If few or no applications, then they'll have to raise the hourly rate.

Words of wisdom also known as the law of supply and demand.

I'd take that job if it was here (and I got to use the equipment on my own land on the weekends)

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #9  
This is a great illustration of one of the greater issues we face in this country.

- We have 10%-20% unemployment depending on whether you count the official or unofficial numbers.

- People complain viciously about not having work.

- A job is offered for $14/hr, which is 2 times the minimum wage.

- Everyone turns their noses up at it because it's too little, and not full-time.

- Somebody, likely a new immigrant, will gladly take the job and do it well as a stepping stone in his advancement, just as all of our ancestors did.

- Those who passed up the job will continue to sit around complaining about all the immigrants and about how all the jobs are leaving the country.

- And around and around the loop we go.

This is not a problem that government can solve, nor a problem than employers can solve. Only we can solve it, by taking a hard look in the mirror.

/ **JOB POSTING**/ Help Wanted #10  
This is a great illustration of one of the greater issues we face in this country.

A $14 per hour job makes sense only if you can afford to work for $14 per hour. That's not going to keep a household going.
Also, temp jobs rarely offer any benefits.

I do contract work, which is temporary in nature. I base the rate on duration of contract (shorter the contract, higher the rate), driving distance and a few other criteria. I won't take a job that I'd lose money on (such as those that would require a second residence due to distance). I normally go about $30 per hour or a bit higher. Remember, I'm paying more for any healthcare benefits and no vacation days.

In this case, NC may not be offering enough per hour to get any applicants.