John Deere 1050 clutch finger adjustment

/ John Deere 1050 clutch finger adjustment #1  

jeffreyi

I'm replacing the clutch in my John Deere 1050 4wd tractor. I ordered a new clutch from Yesterday's Tractors and now I need to adjust the clutch fingers, or the clutch release lever height. The manual specifies a special tool, a JDG-52 Clutch adjusting tool. In the photo below "A" is the special tool and "B" are the clutch fingers that need adjusting. The two local John Deere places do not have this tool, don't know where to get one, and the wait time on an order might be three months. I've looked around on the internet and can't find one except a sold one on Ebay. The clearance that this gauge is set for is NOT in the manual. So I've hit a brick wall here. Does anyone have any insight on how to set the finger height, or where to obtain the tool? Thanks! clutch adjust tool.jpgjdg-52 special tool.jpg

/ John Deere 1050 clutch finger adjustment
no, the clearances of the adjusting bolts are clearly different, and the little nut locking tabs are not engaged. So it has to be adjusted. I did wind up ordering the part from John Deere, the local dealer found one somewhere. A bit painful, but I guess it's gotta be.

/ John Deere 1050 clutch finger adjustment #4  
That's a drag sorry it wasn't simple for you but many projects I find can turn into a major headache.

/ John Deere 1050 clutch finger adjustment #5  
If the two local John Deere dealers don't have an adjusting tool, there must be a way their mechanics adjust clutches without one.