John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill?

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #1  

airbiscuit

Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
I have a friend that has a 3032e that he bought new. He absolutely loves it, but the bucket droops. The loader raises and holds just fine, but the bucket tilt will not hold position. Has been back to the dealer a few times where they supposedly rebuilt the rams and the loader control valve. Bucket still droops. To me it sounds like the loader (curl) valve is defective, but dealer says it is okay.

He has heard from others that if he drains some of the hydraulic fluid and adds (quite a bit of) STP it will slick things up and make them work. I think that would change the viscosity too much, especially in cold weather.

So, have any other 3032e owners had similar problems? Any ideas about what the problem is?

If that bucket would stay up for 4 hours he would call his dealer! (with joy)

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #2  
How fast fast it settle down? If it will stay level for 5 minutes empty or maybe drop a little but, I would call it good.

I don't think I would throw STP in the transmission system unless you want erratic results with everything else.

Four hours is a long time to hold it level and I doubt it would ever do that.

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #3  
What is he trying to do with the bucket that he needs 4 hours with no droop?

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill?
Stuff drops out of the bucket when he is transporting a bucket load from one location to another because the bucket droops that much and that fast.

You didn't get my attempt at humor? Little blue pill .... If it stays up longer than 4 hours, call a doctor .... Maybe I should have added, "If the moment is right ..."

Last edited:
   / John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #5  
My 30302e bucket uncurls a bit when heavily loaded w/ dirt or firewood. Enough to notice, but not enough to be a bother. Empty it stays put.

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #6  
Does it have quick connects?
If so, disconnect them. If the bucket curls then it is in the cylinder. If it does not, it is in the valve.

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #7  
No issues here, mine has been flawless for 2 years. 3032E with the 305 loader.

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #8  
I'm with Steve IA, and drops a bit, but not enough to warrant putting anything foreign in the system. (2015 3032e)

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill? #9  
ch1ch2 has the quick easy way of isolating the problem area.

/ John Deere 3032e Bucket Needs a Little Blue Pill?
I agree. I passed that info on to my friend.