John Deere 40 standard

/ John Deere 40 standard #1  

Nat

Platinum Member
I picked up a new toy today. A JD 40. It hadn't been started in nearly a year. One front tire was down, fuel tank was dry, but it has a new battery, so I put gas in it , hit the starter and it fired. I flooded it so I had to pull it 10 -15 feet and it started right up. I drove it onto the trailer and 200 miles later it's sitting in the shop ready to start the restoration.
I currently have a 1950 dodge truck in the shop that I'm working on so the JD will have to wait. I'll get some pics as soon as I can. Later, Nat

/ John Deere 40 standard #2  
I picked up a new toy today. A JD 40. It hadn't been started in nearly a year. One front tire was down, fuel tank was dry, but it has a new battery, so I put gas in it , hit the starter and it fired. I flooded it so I had to pull it 10 -15 feet and it started right up. I drove it onto the trailer and 200 miles later it's sitting in the shop ready to start the restoration.
I currently have a 1950 dodge truck in the shop that I'm working on so the JD will have to wait. I'll get some pics as soon as I can. Later, Nat

Congrats on your JD 40. It's on my wish list also. First I have to finishing restoring the 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF (it's in pieces now) and get the 1951 Farmall Super A serviced and repainted. Looking forward to your photos.